Bloodrises

2012 Chevy Sonic

Here is build of my new 2012 Chevy Sonic.

This first part is of my old stuff which consisted of 2 JL audio 10w1v2 8ohm subs and 1 kenwood KAC-7280 amp bridge at 4ohms.

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

Not to long after this install I found that my fuse holder was broken so I bough a new one and wile I was doing that I got 4awg wire and mounted my soundstream TX1-2000d and ran it at 4ohms to the 2 JL's

I ran it like that for some time and then said I want MORE!!!!! so I picked up this...

photo11.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo2-2.jpg

photo31.jpg

Soundqubed HDC3 12 Duel 2 Ohms. I was going to run this off the SS2k but got thinking 2krms off a stock alt for my little car may be a bit to much

So for a wile I was deciding on a amp to get. Was going to be eather a SQ1200 or the RF prime 1200d.. well due to the great deal I got on the RF I had to chose that.

photo12.jpg

photo41.jpg

So now having the amp and sub all I needed was a box. I had a member of another form help me design one and here are the specs

2.6 cubic feet tuned to 36hz.

1 peace of 3/4 MDF cut in half

IMG_0285.jpg

My father in law helping me cutting since I have never used a table saw before lol

IMG_0287.jpg

All the pieces cut

IMG_0288.jpg

starting to put this beast together

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

that's all the pic's I have of the box. it is still not done yet I need to rino line the outside but its playing.

So some time went by and I was looking for Audio comps in MD and finally found one. So after a month of breaking in the sub and slight tuning at the show here is my score.

Some months later I find some one selling a battery... a XS power D5100... well the person was Grayta lucky we both live close together lol. here is the FUN install of it I did this very day....

The battery it self

DSC00926.jpg

DSC00927.jpg

At this point I am thinking to my self.... FUCK how am I going to get it to work since the posts are on the wrong side..

DSC00928.jpg

So this is what I used

DSC00930.jpg

and here is what I came up with and it works car starts fine and runs good.

DSC00929.jpg

DSC00931.jpg

Just used a aluminum bar cut the negative post to fit and bent it so I could connect it to the car.. no they would not move the wire is very short and I didn't want to cut it because of warrantee on the car. Now for the positive I had to cut 2 pieces bolt them together and bend the second one so it would fit the terminal. Needless to say it took me 3hr to compleat this task and only cost $30.00 in material and tools to do the job.

Now that's where I am at currently I will try to get some flex videos of it up.

Things I still need to do but need to wait for money

SOUND DEADED!!!!!!! lol

Fix rear deck rattle.

and in time as in when my warranty runs out get a high out put alt.

So it's been 2 days now and no issues yet what y'all think of how I had to do it?

So it's been 2 days now and no issues yet what y'all think of how I had to do it?

Were you burping the sub?

No subs have no issue at all I was talking about how I had to make the battery work lol

No subs have no issue at all I was talking about how I had to make the battery work lol

I was just wondering if that score was on music or a burp?

I that was on a tone.. I dissent really burp it because I knew it would handle the tone for more then 30 seconds

I was suposto go again with music but they did not have enough people for that class so yea.

Edited by Bloodrises

I like the battery solution...pretty slick IMO.

Awesome build, man.  Glad that battery is working out for you!  Good idea for it!

Hows your voltage drop now??

I was told that with our new Chevy Cruiz ... If you alter the electronics on that car it would void the warranty ...

Is that the case ???

I can tell my voltage drop is dropped a lot lights not dimming as bad. Still have not tested it with dmm yet.

@cableguy

When u added the sub I called chevy about my sonic and said this is what I'm doing. That said that's fine. When it came to the battery I am keeping my factory battery just in case something does fuck up I can put it back in and go fix my problem...

I thought you had a stinger voltmeter running off the amp terminals?

I did I toon it off and I just have not put it back... I need to find it again from the move lol

Well I removed the batt from under my hood. i was getting wearied flickering lights when I was at idol from the way I had to wire it so I put the oem back. Now I'm coming up with a plan to still use it but just keep it in my trunk and use my 4awg run and connect it to that then to grounds and THEN just have my amp connected to that battery.

Edited by Bloodrises

I was told that with our new Chevy Cruiz ... If you alter the electronics on that car it would void the warranty ...

Is that the case ???

Dealer can say that all they want, but unless they can directly prove that the audio components caused a malfunction, it is required by federal law that they cover anything besides the aftermarket parts. Known as the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. Dealers like to try that shit all the time. We did a full system, (2) JL 12w0v3's in a sealed box, Hertz ESK Components, ECX Coaxials in the rear, Fosgate 360.3, and the dealership tried to get crazy. She dropped the MM Act and they shut up.

As stated above, he is 100% absolutely correct.  MMW Act will screw up a lot of dealership service leaders high strungness, 

So just a little update went to a show over the weekend and got metered. It's not official but it's a improvement even it's only 1db. Last time I was metered I hit a 140.2 sealed on the dash with a 38hz tone. This time I hit a 142 sealed on the dash with the same tone and I also was able to do a 141 on music with tones of 33hz,35hz,and37hz