Bloodrises

2012 Chevy Sonic

We'll now I'm thinking of building a 6th order bandpass for my 1 12 to see how it will soud and do metered. No I'm not going for numbers it's my daily driver. I just need to figure out if I can fit it

A 6th order would be insane!!  Have you talked to anyone for designs??  What about a 4th order?

A 6th order would be insane!!  Have you talked to anyone for designs??  What about a 4th order?

what about a 6th order makes you think it would be insane?

Because I have never seen a 6th order!! Haha. Jk I just think it would be really cool to see a 6th order in a trunk. It's a good idea too for a single twelve in a trunk on his power. But that 142 was on like 600something watts clamped. It's really impressive for one 12

Edited by grayta

ah i see, 

i was asking because there seems to be this mythical super power thought about 4th order and 6th order band passes,  that just makes me laugh,  in no way are you guaranteed to be "louder"  or have better results with a 6th over a 4th and so on.....

in all honesty its more likely that one would yield worse results, because 6th orders are hit or miss, and with that many cuts measurements and formula involved  alot of shit can be off in a hurry, and if you do well at it and you succeed then hope you did your math and your ratio correctly  because your peak/range can be way off .. demanding a change in the music you may listen to and defiantly the tone you burp at ,

half cocked rant complete.

nice build, get the big 3 done asap

I can't do a 4th order with the soundqubed. There not ment to be in a sealed box. That was my first plan but I am going to do a 6th using aero ports so I can change tuning easer if I don't like the way it sounds I just need to get more info before I actually spend the $$$ for the material

As for te big 3 with it ring a new car and been in the shop now 3 times I want to wait a bit before I really do anything ales to it in case anything serious happends