Sign in to follow this  
pmureika

unsubscribe

How do I unsubscribe from this forum as a supporter?

can you remove the transaction from your paypal?

can you remove the transaction from your paypal?

I don't know. All I know is I won't buy anything from ssa anymore!

How come?

The money isn't worth it. Also I have had it with the moderators comments!

The subs aren't worth the money? Or paying for the site?

Paying to belong to Big!!!!!!!!!!! Headed moderators!

How many people are they going to drive away?

Edited by pmureika

Belong to big? What lol

I'm kinda disappointed in ssa right now since my Xcon recone/basket is still not shipped. Has been 42 business days.

Moderators with big heads. They need to realize that some of the newbies and even the members aren't experts about car stereo.

I think you are only referring to one moderator...

I have noticed this same issue for quite some time. Rather than just helping someone individuals feel they need to talk down to people in nearly every thread.

To answer you question you can stop additional payments from SSA through paypal. Google "subscription payments paypal".

As far as the mod issue. Everybody can be a douche once in a while. Some more often than others. You can bock that member's posts in your control panel. This will not fully hide their posts, you will see other people quoting it or other people responding to it. 

You also have to keep in mind that moderator's posts are their own thoughts. The owner's of SSA may not have the same opinion. After all the majority of posts are OPINIONS and you know what they say about that :) I think it is a little immature for you to not want to buy products from the SSA store based on a //douchbag moderator. Your value of the SSA store should be of the products and price point. Just my opinion ;) please do not take it offensively I am only being honest with you and trying to help you see through this.

To answer you question you can stop additional payments from SSA through paypal. Google "subscription payments paypal".

As far as the mod issue. Everybody can be a douche once in a while. Some more often than others. You can bock that member's posts in your control panel. This will not fully hide their posts, you will see other people quoting it or other people responding to it. 

You also have to keep in mind that moderator's posts are their own thoughts. The owner's of SSA may not have the same opinion. After all the majority of posts are OPINIONS and you know what they say about that smile.png I think it is a little immature for you to not want to buy products from the SSA store based on a //douchbag moderator. Your value of the SSA store should be of the products and price point. Just my opinion wink.png please do not take it offensively I am only being honest with you and trying to help you see through this.

I am just trying to help new members through their crap!

That is great that you want to have that approach to this forum. The majority of new members recognize the same moderator(s) that you speak of. There are moderators on this forum that have a lot of knowledge to share only if it is common sense. I do agree, as does the majority of this forum's members, that there is a moderator that is condescending and after all the babbling is read isn't helpful. In the end if it bothers you that much log out and join a different car audio forum.

That is great that you want to have that approach to this forum. The majority of new members recognize the same moderator(s) that you speak of. There are moderators on this forum that have a lot of knowledge to share only if it is common sense. I do agree, as does the majority of this forum's members, that there is a moderator that is condescending and after all the babbling is read isn't helpful. In the end if it bothers you that much log out and join a different car audio forum.

I love this forum except for all the negative comments by some moderators.

Like I said not all newbies understand them.

They just get intimidated by them and give up!

I DO understand your point, and I really do hate seeing people leave because of it. I know that Sean (I know this is the main person behind your post) really does mean well it is just too much for some people that join and are not aware that he has a lot of information to provide even if it is brutally honest. I have a thick skin but at some point when I was newer around here Sean seemed kind of like a dick to me. I read his sig and gave him the benefit of the doubt. I started trying to view his posts in a different way, and realized that he was not trying to be mean, rather he was trying to help me help myself. I have learned a lot from him, and wish that more "noobs" would give him a chance before abandoning ship and going somewhere else where misinformation runs rampant.

I also love this forum because it isn't censored, and any bullshit is usually dealt with promptly, but maybe we can make a point to go a bit easier on new users while still trying to help them.

I DO understand your point, and I really do hate seeing people leave because of it. I know that Sean (I know this is the main person behind your post) really does mean well it is just too much for some people that join and are not aware that he has a lot of information to provide even if it is brutally honest. I have a thick skin but at some point when I was newer around here Sean seemed kind of like a dick to me. I read his sig and gave him the benefit of the doubt. I started trying to view his posts in a different way, and realized that he was not trying to be mean, rather he was trying to help me help myself. I have learned a lot from him, and wish that more "noobs" would give him a chance before abandoning ship and going somewhere else where misinformation runs rampant.

I also love this forum because it isn't censored, and any bullshit is usually dealt with promptly, but maybe we can make a point to go a bit easier on new users while still trying to help them.

Great post. Totally agree. At one time long ago I felt just like the OP about said mod. Gave it some thought and can totally deal with him.. In fact if I see that he posts somewhere I will read it 100% of the time.

If you gotta go then you gotta go, just think about it first.

I didnt mean to insult anyone.

I just don't want to pay to support the forum anymore.

I'll still get on it because it is the best one around.

I apologize to anyone I may have offended.

Belong to big? What lol

I'm kinda disappointed in ssa right now since my Xcon recone/basket is still not shipped. Has been 42 business days.

That is due to the parts suppliers being way behind.  We are sorry for the delay, but we were not informed until after and we are unable to get the parts in any faster.

I didnt mean to insult anyone.

I just don't want to pay to support the forum anymore.

I'll still get on it because it is the best one around.

I apologize to anyone I may have offended.

Log on to paypal and cancel automatic payments.

I love this forum because of the mods ! They have great knowledge and are very helpfull.
I am on other forums too, but no one is as good as this ssa forum. This is the only forum I agree to pay for.

Do what you want, but you need to accept some things, to learn and progress.

Have a nice day :)

I want you to also know that I am nearly certain that no one was offended. In fact I bet most people here, even the people you are upset with, still want to help you. You can also know that this is the only forum where you can speak your mind and let out your feelings and not only won't your comments be deleted, but no one will hate you or lash out at you for what you say.

What you should realize is that when you post, it is a direct reflection of you. Can you imagine what your words feel like to the people who spend their time here daily, for free, trying to stop misinformation from being spread and help people at the same time? Especially when those people don't take time to read and follow the rules. How you feel is important, but do you think the way you handled it is appropriate, especially when you are providing commentary on others behavior?