Sign in to follow this  
West

New Leviathan III Cover/issues

I have to say I was disappointed in the new tinted Zed cover. I purchased the amp largely as a show piece and most of the advertizing prictures of the V3 had a clear cover. Honestly, if I knew it had a tinted cover I probably would have found another used v2. This is an SPL build so SQ isn't that important to me.

I enjoyed my v2, because the LEDs shown through the 6x9 speaker slots in the rear deck. I pulled the stock speakers a few installs ago, and there was nothing to stop the light. I loved it...

I would really like to purchase a v2 cover if they are avaliable, pm me if anyone has one.

I know people have grumbled that the LEDs were very bright, but now you can't see anything with the amp off.
Just a comment that you may want to give people the option for a tinted or non-tinted cover. Or insist that your retailers use pictures with the new cover.

Also a friend of mine has had some issues with his BNIB v3.

1. The remote on cable (internal) came loose when he hit a pot hole.
Amp was sent in for repairs, and that issue was resolved.

2. When the rail light indicator comes on the music stops for a moment.

Has anyone else had issues with the v3? I haven't installed mine yet... just a bit worried from his experience. I know Mr. Mantz makes awesome products, the v2 was a testimate to that. Not tring to ruffel feathers. I feel the product I purchased should look like the pictures. Also have written the company two emails and I have not gotten a reply in reguards to the cover.

Thanks

Edited by West

Case in point from the SSA store
leviathan_II_1__93462.1336505442.1280.12

1st off this is a version 2

And it looks nothing like the amp I received...

zed_zps66a11275.jpg

Welcome to SSA ...

It would seem to me like if the amplifier came with a "tinted" cover ... you would not be able to see the internals until the LED lights came on ...

I've never run this product, so I would not know for sure ... just an observation

Best of luck and hope you get things worked out ...

Welcome to SSA ...

It would seem to me like if the amplifier came with a "tinted" cover ... you would not be able to see the internals until the LED lights came on ...

I've never run this product, so I would not know for sure ... just an observation

Best of luck and hope you get things worked out ...

Thanks! I saw a few videos with the amp powered, you see the Zed logo and some of the internals. This was my first bnib amp lol. All others I have picked up used. I had two bad experiences (1 soundstream DOA and a Mcintosh mcc302 that was serviced by an unauthorized shop.) I had to get the Mac serviced since the left channel's output did not match the right (300$ at George Meyers, only authorized service center for Mac car audio). I figured this time it would be nice to have a new one.

I'm going to test the amp this weekend and see how she does. I saw your build pics and they look great. I appreciate the well wishes.

I always get my amplifier work done at TIPS (www.linearpower.com) ...

... and thank you for the comments on my truck !!!

I always get my amplifier work done at TIPS (www.linearpower.com) ...

... and thank you for the comments on my truck !!!

Thank you for the tip! I will have to check them out.

I purchased a v3 and it came with a clear cover. Not sure why it was changed from clear to tinted. Where did you purchase it from?

Purchased this from vertex audio two weeks ago. I tried to contact Zed through their website, no reply after two tries.

You interested in selling/tradung the clear cover? lmao

Incidentally, after I mentioned it. Vertex now shows the new cover on their website >.<

That's your problem, is vertex audio an authorized retailer of Zed Audio? I don't believe so

Yes, vertex is authorized for Zed, CDT, and a few others.

"Welcome to Vertex Audio! We are a premium car audio retailer with a focus on customer service. Our staff is dedicated to providing the best shopping experience possible. We are proud to sell some of the industry's finest products available.  Vertex Audio is an authorized online retailer and/or reseller for all of the products we carry."

http://www.vertexaudio.com/store/pc/About-Us-d2.htm

I learned my lesson with http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/ and woofersetc.com. 
I always buy from authorized resales. I had a source unit from onlinecarstereo which Alpine would not honor the warranty for. 

I would also verify that with zed. I believe there has been issues with vertex in the past

I will try to call them today. 
Thank you for the heads up.

My friend had his warranty honored by Zed for the issue in the OP, he also purchased his amp from Vertex. 

Just curious did you have any issues with your levi?

I would also verify that with zed. I believe there has been issues with vertex in the past. Having dealt with zed in the past, Mr. Mantz will take care of you

I would also verify that with zed. I believe there has been issues with vertex in the past. Having dealt with zed in the past, Mr. Mantz will take care of you.

I have never had a problem with leviathan and many other zed amplifiers. The only thing I did not like is the amplifier turn on from the factory, this can be changed if you read through the manual.

Phone posting is being dumb :(

By the way, can you post up more pictures? I like the tinted cover look

I think it just hides the wonderful sexy guts of it. lol 

Here is a video (my buddy posted)

Shows how it looks with the amp on.

My offer still stands. If you want to trade covers I would be glad to! 
I'll pay your shipping and mine and kick in some $$ your way.

Can't view videos on mobile but I'll check it out later

By the way, can you post up more pictures? I like the tinted cover look

zed1_zps16f8cd2b.jpgzed2_zps819a4452.jpgzed3_zps94800d7b.jpg

Is the leviathan logo still on it?

Is the leviathan logo still on it?

Lol yeah. You can see it when there is light shining on it. But it's underneath the tinting...