J2phat4u

X12 or Z4 12

This is not a vs. thread but I am wondering to hit the extreme lows best which subwoofer the X series 12 or the Z4 12 would be best?

Decaf 30hz and below?

To many variables. Completely install/enclosure dependent. Both subs are designed to excel in the lower frequency range. Zv4 has a bigger motor and can handle more power. The X is basically a scaled down/less expensive version of the Zv4. That being said, I love my X12. Have it on around 1500 rms in 3 cubes at 31Hz with 50 sqin of port area and it kills Decaf/Slowed Music. That's what my goal was when putting the system together, and the X hasn't disappointed me. Tuned for teh lowz.

Edited by PHATBOi

Your goal is the same as mine.....You just made me feel really good about my purchase...Thanks man.

I'd say for your purposes either would do well it's what they were made for just depends how much you wanna spend and the power you're going to run everything else is enclosure dependent.

I'm hoping to get on a new icon or the SAX b-stock

Your goal is the same as mine.....You just made me feel really good about my purchase...Thanks man.

So, I take it you got the X12's? Doing a direct swap in your current enclosure, or building a new one? I think your current one would work well, just have to cut out the holes a little bigger as the new Sundown baskets have a slightly larger outside diameter.

Yes I bought them from SSA just waiting on them to be shipped. I am doing a direct swap enclosure wise.

Nice! Definitely need some vids when it's done. Going to be a sick ass setup.

I will for sure get videos up. The funny thing is power wise they fall right into range with my 2 Rockford Fosgate 2500bdcp amps....

BTW where is Palm River? I am originally from Jacksonville.

I will for sure get videos up. The funny thing is power wise they fall right into range with my 2 Rockford Fosgate 2500bdcp amps....

Yeah, I noticed that. Should be a nice match.

BTW where is Palm River? I am originally from Jacksonville.

In Tampa. Edited by PHATBOi

Next time I am home I will cruise south to see what you guys are working with down there

Sounds good bro. Would love to hear the 4 X12's!

I haven't heard the Xs in person yet really want to sure they sound great. Gonna be sick with 4 or them.

Wow! This has been up since yesterday and no one has caught it yet??

Good thing my 5 year old daughter was looking at her drawing and not at my PC screen as she was sitting right next to me when I opened this thread.

ROFLMAO I'm at work and we have a guy who repairs McIntosh, and all the home audio stuff. He BARELY speaks English. I believe he's said 6 words to me since I've worked here. He just walked by and outta nowhere yells out OH YEA THAT'S THE GOOD!

Damn I missed it...