Sign in to follow this  
gacker

Amp for FI BLs

2 12" BLs @2ohms ea.. been running them off an Atomic 3k mono. Amp is just about shot though, spent 250 getting it repaired already and still doesn't perform correctly. Been looking at getting 2 Sundown 1500s or 2 Sundown 1200s and strapping them.Will I see too much of a ddifference in performance with that little extra wattage? Or will the 1200s suffice just fine? Or does anyone have any other suggestions for an amp to run them on? Money isn't too much of a concern

I am running fully loaded BL's myself. You can run those easily off a Sundown 2500, Rockford 1500bdcp or any decent amp in the power range. Are the subs dual 2ohms or dual 1ohms?

Dual 2. Which is why strapping 2 amps would probably be best for me I believe

I think both would  suffice you, but if you have the money, why not get the bigger one ? :)  :)

You already had a 3k amp, I guess your electrical can handle that power.

I think both would suffice you, but if you have the money, why not get the bigger one ? :):)

You already had a 3k amp, I guess your electrical can handle that power.

Because I'd have to get a monstrous amp to pull the amount of wattage I want at 2ohms..

My bad,

2 1200s would be enough.

But if you have the money, get the 2 1500s.

I understand why you want to strapp 2 amps !

where in texas?

why has no one asked your electrical back  bone yet?

where in texas?

why has no one asked your electrical back bone yet?

dallas fort worth area

where in texas?

why has no one asked your electrical back  bone yet?

Because people rather offer products instead of helping him get his electrical on par so he wont smoke his new amps like the Atomic, shits crazy.

OP - What does your electrical look like? Do you know why you smoked the Atomic amp?

and still he does not come forth with the list that is NEEDED to even start suggesting

I'd get 2 soundqubed sq-2200d's.  Im running 1 of the new fi Q fully loaded 12 dual 2 with a soundqubed sq-2200d (I don't turn it all the way up) at 1 ohm.  Was thinking about getting a 2nd d2 Q and sq-2200d. Youd get 4400rms @ 2 ohm with that and can strap the amps together for 1 bass knob and wire it series/parallel so the final resistance is 2ohms.  Also it would leave me open to other things like a Fi Team dual 1 15 wired in series to 4400rms @ 2 ohm. sq-2200d is $425 shipped on amazon so thats why I got it, it seemed to be cheaper than all the other 1500rms+ amps that do rated power.

Edited by bluelaser

I'd get 2 soundqubed sq-2200d's.  Im running 1 of the new fi Q fully loaded 12 dual 2 with a soundqubed sq-2200d (I don't turn it all the way up) at 1 ohm.  Was thinking about getting a 2nd d2 Q and sq-2200d. Youd get 4400rms @ 2 ohm with that and can strap the amps together for 1 bass knob and wire it series/parallel so the final resistance is 2ohms.  Also it would leave me open to other things like a Fi Team dual 1 15 wired in series to 4400rms @ 2 ohm. sq-2200d is $425 shipped on amazon so thats why I got it, it seemed to be cheaper than all the other 1500rms+ amps that do rated power.

not being a dick.. but are you sure about that?

Yeah, 2200rms @ 1 ohm x 2 =4400rms @ 2 ohms.

Sometimes I just want to put on a forum that I am running a 1,000,000 watt amp just so someone can ask me is my electrical up to par.

asking about electrical is a realistic question. no one wants you to fry your new amps

Yeah, 2200rms @ 1 ohm x 2 =4400rms @ 2 ohms.

so on paper he will be looking at 4400 RMs.... not actuality is my point... TOO many factors go into changing the output of the amp........

if i was paying 425 for a 2k~ amp i'd flip the extra 50 and get a BC2k for sure..

if i was paying 425 for a 2k~ amp i'd flip the extra 50 and get a BC2k for sure..

Meh...amps are pretty much the same, so its good he saved 50 bucks for something else.

sadly your right.. most all amps are the same Korean what not  but even so there are ways to get better results  by doing simple procedures that are not only necessary but also highly advised

after impedance rise that 4400 will be at 3k, and your voltage drops with stock electrical will make those amps go poof...

IMO you should just stick with a 3k amp.  Sounds like bad things are going to happen if you plan on strapping amps.  Save yourself some space.

Sign in to follow this