Bloodrises

What makes a car a groundpounder?

As the title says. Is it the amount of subs, how much power you have or is it just the ability to impress people with what you can do with what you have.

an idiot who can't control a volume knob. 

This

I define a groundpounder as a vehicle which plays music well, loud, and for a long amount of time.

This
Nice generalization

Not everyone who builds a loud vehicle is an idiot

I define a groundpounder as a vehicle which plays music well, loud, and for a long amount of time.

Agreed, most are not interested in scoring on the meter

I do say wrong on that just because my car is loud does not mean I go full tilt in places where it can annoy people. I call people who do that stupid and they give people who don't want to piss people off and don't bad names

But I find that to be a big problem. When at three am in the morning I am woke up because my house is shaking from some car coming down the road.

Do these people want to be deaf by fifty years old?

But I find that to be a big problem. When at three am in the morning I am woke up because my house is shaking from some car coming down the road.

I have been tempted to get into my car and follow people like that to their house and sit outside and annoy them with my sustem, although, all that would do is the same thing as what they are doing, so i decided not to.

I guess I like ground pounding- though there is a time and place for it.  I drive 5 hrs one way or work....and I might hit the system hard for a few minutes if the right song comes on...., but normally, I ride at a moderate listening level. 

Big sound is like high horsepower...you may rarely have to have it...but when you want it, it is there.

Edited by Leedogg

lol i have a ground pounded.. .funny to see that im an idiot now..

Hey bigon I think you have common sense. Some young kids don't yet. lol

Meh, just peoples opinions. I just try not to have my stuff loud in neighborhoods.

The Wallmart parking lot is a cool place to ground & pound!

It's also a great place to pick up single moms on welfare, but that doesn't mean that you should....

I agree those people are ass holes and do not deserve to have a system but this thread is not about annoying people or being rude Ira about people who go to comps and have a nice groundpounder that they love to demo with and not piss people off at 3am.

ouch, didn't mean to rustle your jimmies guys. my apologies.

I may have the term wrong but to me a "groundpounder" is a system build made for daily not just burping.

I may have the term wrong but to me a "groundpounder" is a system build made for daily not just burping.

Yes daily driver that is loud

Yes daily driver that is loud

Like around 150 db's.

I would say a groundpounder is all of the above suggestions plus a system that moves a decent amount of air, can do hairtricks on demand, and of course as stated above, has to be able to play music for long periods of time without stopping. 

meh, stupid term that nooblets can misuse like all other subjective useless words that everyone thinks they know what it means so they use it only to find out that the person they are speaking to thinks completely differently.

The real question is who cares what others think of your system, call your system, or whatever. Make your system as good as you can for YOUR needs and you are golden.