Sign in to follow this  
ncc74656

dual Q's sealed

11 cubic for 2 Q 18's. i want to retain the 33hz volume as much as possible but i absolutely want to reach 75hz at a very good volume out of these. my idea was to go 11 cubic and put a bit of poly fill inside.

it is not for certain that i will buy 2 Q's, i will know after i test my rebuild SP4 to see if i can get the volume i want out of it at the frequencies i want. im expecting i wont be able to.

this would be the box design: 7QbHwA2.jpg

why are you buying Q's? explain your goals a bit better and we could probably figure out the best option for you 

Edited by lithium

u may be better off with just one ported in a really nice encloser

do what he ^ said first though, smarter people than i will chime in

lets start with my childish goals first. I would like to have a system that moves enough air to do hair tricks, can shake everything, and bassicly beat out the guy next door.

my real goals are to have a system that can play MUSIC at very loud volumes and retain its clarity. in previous posts i learned that my prefered bass range is in the 40-70hz range. I do not want to sacrafice the low end volume to obtain the high end and i want to have less peaks than my present sub. some peaks are going to happen and i understand that but i do not want to have 50db@33hz and 8db at 50hz. 

i have a ZX2500.1 so that is why i was thinking of going 2 Q's to obtain a wider and flatter response in sealed and more cone area to retain volume.

as for the volume i am looking for... i have 2 sets of alpine tweets right now and at max power they are not quite loud enough for what i am looking for. so i want this sub setup to be very loud.

edit: i will be putting my SP4 into a sealed box today, testing it in a new lower tuned box today, and testing it in a variety of higher tuned boxes. i may end up keeping it if i get what im looking for but if i dont i THINK the Q is my next step.

Edited by ncc74656

you're one sp4 should have done this ported.  why would you want to run sealed if you want lots of spl?

yo, how can i make a diagram of a box like that 

I use sketchup...google it.

Sign in to follow this