gentlejax

SKAR amps...whats the story?

All of you guys that went to World Finals please clarify this for me ...

I made my rounds through World Finals several times seeking out Skar Audio and from what I could tell about the product, they took massive punishment and done what needed to be done without ANY failures ...

I'm not by any means a class D person ... But from my observation, those amps served their owners quite well this weekend ...

In my years of car audio SQ and SPL competition, I would say those were positive results ... Then again, this was just my observation and nothing more ...

I made my rounds through World Finals several times seeking out Skar Audio and from what I could tell about the product, they took massive punishment and done what needed to be done without ANY failures ...

I'm not by any means a class D person ... But from my observation, those amps served their owners quite well this weekend ...

In my years of car audio SQ and SPL competition, I would say those were positive results ... Then again, this was just my observation and nothing more ...

watts are watts, its the owner that people have the beef with. 

Cool with me brother ... Like I said, it was just an observation.

I doubt the amps are any better or worse than any other internet based, Asian build house rebadger. Order minumum quantity of a product, choose your heat sink and they slap your sticker on top and ship it across the ocean to you.

But the owner has proven time and time again with his actions that his business is not one that should be supported.

I heard there was some pretty serious failures from a well respected company. From their big dog amp mainly. I had quite few friends attend and I was very disappointed to learn of certain things that went down. But I was also told most people had a blast. 

Cool with me brother ... Like I said, it was just an observation.
Ah, so they did as well as LP. What a surprise.

Oh that's right, watts are watts. Personally I won't pad an asshat's pocket nor will I support a company that charges a ridiculous premium for no reason. Too smart for either.

Ah, so they did as well as LP. What a surprise.

LP won "Manufacturer of the Year" for the second year in the row (maybe third, not sure) ...

So If Skar "did as well as LP" like you posted here, They must be doing really good then !!!

I'm impressed ... Thanks for the info Sean !!!

Edited by Cablguy184

But the owner has proven time and time again with his actions that his business is not one that should be supported.

Had nothing to do with my post Sir, I tried to find the owner to ask him some questions about one of his amplifier brands ... but no luck. I'm not sure if he was at World Finals or not ... There was no Manufacturer's booth for them ...

Again ... Considering that the thread title reads ...

SKAR amps ...

My post was primarily on the performance of the amplifiers during World Finals ... Nothing more ...  

Edited by Cablguy184

I heard there was some pretty serious failures from a well respected company. From their big dog amp mainly. I had quite few friends attend and I was very disappointed to learn of certain things that went down. But I was also told most people had a blast.

Where were you ?? I thought you Qualitfed for USACI World Finals ???

Yes Sir ... Saw plenty of smoke while making my rounds, and couldn't count the number of recones done in two days ...  

It seems like Tantric was one of the top dogs for Sub drivers this year ... put up some insane numbers 4 sure !!!

Edited by Cablguy184

Had nothing to do with my post Sir, I tried to find the owner to ask him some questions about one of his amplifier brands ... but no luck. I'm not sure if he was at World Finals or not ... There was no Manufacturer's booth for them ...

Again ... Considering that the thread title reads ...

SKAR amps ...

My post was primarily on the performance of the amplifiers during World Finals ... Nothing more ...  

Great. And my statement you quoted there was regarding the douchbaggery of the company owner.

Glad we were able to get that cleared up. I was really confused for a moment.

Where were you ?? I thought you Qualitfed for USACI World Finals ???

Yes Sir ... Saw plenty of smoke while making my rounds, and couldn't count the number of recones done in two days ...  

It seems like Tantric was one of the top dogs for Sub drivers this year ... put up some insane numbers 4 sure !!!

I didn't go. No funds. Sucks to waste an invite.

Great. And my statement you quoted there was regarding the douchbaggery of the company owner.

Never met the man, So I personally have nothing to complain about there ... But I really wanted to ask him a few Questions about one of his amplifier brands ...

Maybe I can Catch up with him at SBN Datyona ...

I didn't go. No funds. Sucks to waste an invite.

I had a good bit of bad luck on the way to the show ...

I'm thinking maybe i should have stayed home too ...

Me and a few friends have plans to make Scrapin the Coast this year (No USACI competition) to cruize around in the Low riders ...

If all goes good I will see you there Brother !!!

Edited by Cablguy184

On 10/7/2013 at 10:49 AM, ricksi30 said:

Company sucks the subs suck, the amps I'm not sure about. Probably just off the shelf from Asia with a skar sticker slapped on it.

You are dead right. I never noticed before, but I just seen a video posted by someone that is using SKAR products. Right there on the box it stated "MADE IN CHINA". Now with that said, I had good experiences with their subs and amps in the past. Now knowing that their stuff is made in China, rethinking the sub stage and mono block amp for my current build.