orlandoman

Fi X rms power question

I am truly worried about this since I am eager to get a X10 or X12 and it has to deal with power issues.  I have an Arc Audio XXD 2080 and it des 240 x 1 @ 4 ohms when bridged.   I truly have been wanting to get a Fi Audio sub since three years ago but would like to know would the amp and the X10 or X12 would work together hand in hand or would it be a total flop?

you dont need to max out the subwoofer so that it performs well. think about it, does a speaker sounds bad when you turn the volume down? 

be sure to order the dual 2 ohm coil and wire them in series for a 4ohm load at the amp. 

I was under the impression that you have to give it the max rms power to make it sound good.   

It will work fine. Just make sure the gains are set right.

Also if you decide you need to get louder you can always add more power.

I was under the impression that you have to give it the max rms power to make it sound good.   

no that doesn't make any sense. put some head phones on and turn the volume up and down. they should sound the same, just quieter. assuming you're not turning the volume up so loud that the speaker cant handle it or the signal is distorted. 

Thank you.   I was told by several shops here that since it is 750 watts rms I must use a JL Audio HD 750/1 since it can do 750 watts at 1.5 ohm to 4 ohm.   That is the whole reasoning about the rms power question that I posted on here.

Thank you.   I was told by several shops here that since it is 750 watts rms I must use a JL Audio HD 750/1 since it can do 750 watts at 1.5 ohm to 4 ohm.   That is the whole reasoning about the rms power question that I posted on here.

Pure bullshit, find a new shop.

Would it truly make a noticeable difference if I went from 240 watts to 600 watts rms on the sub in a sealed enclosure?

Would it truly make a noticeable difference if I went from 240 watts to 600 watts rms on the sub in a sealed enclosure?

A difference yes, a big difference not really. You already have the amp so set it up and go from there. Why sealed btw?

I have a 2006 Kia Spectra sx sedan and therefore I would like to go sealed because I am running a Morel Hybrid Ovation II 6 two way set up front with no rears plus ported enclosure is a turn off for me because I listen to all types of music including music from Israel and Arabic speaking nations.

I have a 2006 Kia Spectra sx sedan and therefore I would like to go sealed because I am running a Morel Hybrid Ovation II 6 two way set up front with no rears plus ported enclosure is a turn off for me because I listen to all types of music including music from Israel and Arabic speaking nations.

seems like you're being told a lot of bad information. ported enclosures can sound just fine when they're designed built correctly, additionally they're more efficient. if you're still planning to go sealed and concerned with output (if you decide to use the small 2 channel) then choose the largest sub that you can. 

it's good to hear you're only running a front stage, i would use that 2 channel to power them if you decide to get the diamond amp for the sub. 

I get a lot of bad information about that the Fi Audio sub would drown my front stage if I go ported plus they told me that the Morels would not sound great with the Fi Audio sub.

I get a lot of bad information about that the Fi Audio sub would drown my front stage if I go ported plus they told me that the Morels would not sound great with the Fi Audio sub.

geez, that's pretty bad. must be desperate for a sale. obviously the gain on the sub amp can be lowered so that wouldn't happen. additionally, EQ could be applied to flatten the frequency response. 

I have an Eclipse cd5030 cd player so it has an adjustable EQ.

The shops over here are trying to sell me the famous JL Audio subwoofers claiming that they are the best subwoofers out there then it is Memphis and Kicker after that.

The shops over here are trying to sell me the famous JL Audio subwoofers claiming that they are the best subwoofers out there then it is Memphis and Kicker after that.

good subs but I wouldn't pay retail. personally, i would pass on new gear, if at all possible, and budget in some sound deadening. 

of course they want to sell you a JL for 800$

JL Audio is big here but if I do upgrade on the amp would Rockford Fosgate work or not?  I am also looking at Arc Audio and Zapco [entry level amps].

You can find a lot of decent amps for 1/3 of the price of JL and a lot of amps that are better IMO for 1/2 the price.

I believe you on that one and I hard good things about Arc Audio, Zapco, Rockford Fosgate, Helix, Brax and others but I do know Helix Blue amps are way cheaper than JL Audio HD amps.