jonbearsmt

my DSS ethos

Love it when Bassheads come running to check out what you're jamming with...

for the peeps on mobile.

http://www.youtube(dot)com/watch?v=q6TU9eYlsas

Is it just me or do all the links not do anything. It just opens up a blank tab on my phone.

for the peeps on mobile.

http://www.youtube(dot)com/watch?v=q6TU9eYlsas

Is it just me or do all the links not do anything. It just opens up a blank tab on my phone.

Goes directly to the video for me on iPhone. If you have issues just copy and paste and change the "(dot)" to just a "."

I need another demo now 

I need another demo now 

indeed you do.. these are  way different subwoofers..im having so much fun going back threw my library and re discovering what sounds good on these  subs.... its wild how many more options have opened

Love it when Bassheads come running to check out what you're jamming with...

lol no doubt... funny hes a memeber here now..

the first week i worked at this place we didnt talk.. then one day he seen me and he said " hey! .. i guess i should not judge a book by its cover " and i was like WTF. .. what does that mean? " i heard your pretty loud with the car audio" and i said yeah.. some might say..  and he said " yeah im an old school bass head, back when we used to wall everything" .. and i told him .. we still wall!  but  i try to get loud with out walling.... a

anyway .. that was the start of our friendship,.  and now we talk audio in passing all the time lol... hes a SQ head at heart, but he gets that SPL itch some times  i see it in his eye lol

his screen name here is "budman" or something along those lines

They do look good.. Makes think about a pair in the escape or put the Xcon in the escape and pair of ethos in the mustang. Either way time to start convincing the better half.

They do look good.. Makes think about a pair in the escape or put the Xcon in the escape and pair of ethos in the mustang. Either way time to start convincing the better half.

with layaway options that should be super easy !!

hair trick anyone?

For the peeps on mobile:

Edited by Quentin Jarrell

Im curious, Do you have an area where your back seats are to let the air from your trunk into the cabin, or is it sealed off?

just no rear speakers when i run in the lanes i un bolt my back seat and lay it flat 

were you able to do hair tricks with your older systems?

were you able to do hair tricks with your older systems?

yes  .. her hair was shorter in this video,  and the light was way better... this was done with the 4500D at .25 if i recall correctly

the lighting was poor today .. ill try to get a better shot.. with the same song.

That's pretty damn blood!

so after  abusing the Ethos for far too long.. on far too many watts... i finaly got the time to meter... so i wired the NS1 at .25 ohms. and burped a few times.. .. for the last few days it has not been as loud as before..... and the number reflected it..

with out testing or even burping at my two known peaks Frq .. i hit 45 hz,. and popped up a 149.3.. a great score  for my trunk on 1800 watts subs  that have been ran ragged.. so  after that i tried to street beat.. i did 20 seconds of the wrong track.. then back doored it  with a rull run of 30 hx track... then i smelled it..... i had released the majical smoke....20131117_124842_zpsaa3347c7.jpg

and the game was over..... or so i thought!!!

later that day me and dani went to the store and for the fuck of it i flipped my switch on.. and BOOOM they were both working....YES!!! after one went up in smoke and surly blew.. it was still playing!!

so i pulled over and did a hair trick on music at .25 ....

VIDEO  CLICK IT!!

from a lincoln town car truck son!!!

7K on two 1800 watts ethos on music! mother fuckers are CRAZY SON!!!!

changed it to a youtube video because no one was clicking the photobucket one...

http://youtu.be/v824oivEgp8

by the way my love didnt want me to post this video because she didnt have make up on.. i kinda tricked her into doing to out of no where

Edited by bigjon

pretty bad ass Jon! seems your test run was a bit lower than your sundowns huh? not bad for a sub that wasnt designed for spl!

pretty bad ass Jon! seems your test run was a bit lower than your sundowns huh? not bad for a sub that wasnt designed for spl!

Nor one that is $355 shipped.

im very very confidante that with fresh subs and  testing i could match the sundown scores...

but at any rate..  the nightshades could never be as musical or as cheap or honestly handle the abuse that i dished out to the ethos.....

i have slinkied many nightshade coils.....  the etho coil did not fail... it failed in another manor.. im not sure what gave yet.. but im shocked that the coil didnt unwind ......

ill let yall know what gave... but just know.. its my fault....

before  i ever got these subs i told Q..  i would need recones .. because i was going to abuse the shit out of them.. and i did. i caused these to fail.

Are you still going to make the 3500 rms version of the ethos?

lord i hope so!!....

thats what i was just about to remind you guys of.. this is the first run of the first sub of this company... if this is the lowest sub in the series .. shits about to get fucking real ... in a major way.

There will be 3,500 rms sub at one point the Name and ETA is undetermined. I have to get out to some shows this season and do a little advertisement to see what the needs of the market is.