jonbearsmt

my DSS ethos

Did you order an extra set of recones, because you'll probably need them with putting that much power to the ethos

When both coils are wired up.. doubt it smile.png

Quentin stated before if he were to rate these thermally it would be closer to 2500wrms per sub so a ~7k on 5k worth of subs is fine.

And like Jon said, can't beat the price to performance!

The drivers need 1800 watts to reach xmax in their recommended enclosures.  The recommended power ratings I give are what are needed to be operate the sub.  I'll never give a max "safe" power level.  That's kinda like a car manufacturer saying its ok to run your car right below redline all the time. 

What was the context of the conversation you mentioned 2,500wrms?   I know i remember you saying that.  Of course variables in an install can alter suggested power ratings rated on a thermal level and you are rating them differently which is fine but i know you mentioned 2500w before in conversation.  Now you got me questioning in what context it was mentioned in.

Did you order an extra set of recones, because you'll probably need them with putting that much power to the ethos

When both coils are wired up.. doubt it smile.png

Quentin stated before if he were to rate these thermally it would be closer to 2500wrms per sub so a ~7k on 5k worth of subs is fine.

And like Jon said, can't beat the price to performance!

The drivers need 1800 watts to reach xmax in their recommended enclosures. The recommended power ratings I give are what are needed to be operate the sub. I'll never give a max "safe" power level. That's kinda like a car manufacturer saying its ok to run your car right below redline all the time.

What was the context of the conversation you mentioned 2,500wrms? I know i remember you saying that. Of course variables in an install can alter suggested power ratings rated on a thermal level and you are rating them differently which is fine but i know you mentioned 2500w before in conversation. Now you got me questioning in what context it was mentioned in.

2500 rms free air on 200hz tone for 20 mins with -2db compression

BigJon - "It's ONLY two fifteens."

Buddy - "Yeah on 10, er a gillion watts!"

BigJon - "Eh, it's just 7,000"

LMAO.....  Yeah, only...... lol.....  Good stuff man, good stuff!

I was reffered to this thread because I was considering some SQ HDC312s and I would have to say after reading almost every single reply about your product I'm completely convinced that Quentin has some of the best customer service and honesty about your product that when my taxes come back I'm going to be ordering a pair of your Etho 12s they are absolute beasts and love how sexy they look. I am looking forward to doing business with you hands down! Major and the utmost respect for your honesty and the pure performance and appearance of your drivers. This is the exact reason I am turning this hobby into a life style! These have definitely inspired me. Once again I can not wait to do business with you Quentin!!!

Jaime

I was reffered to this thread because I was considering some SQ HDC312s and I would have to say after reading almost every single reply about your product I'm completely convinced that Quentin has some of the best customer service and honesty about your product that when my taxes come back I'm going to be ordering a pair of your Etho 12s they are absolute beasts and love how sexy they look. I am looking forward to doing business with you hands down! Major and the utmost respect for your honesty and the pure performance and appearance of your drivers. This is the exact reason I am turning this hobby into a life style! These have definitely inspired me. Once again I can not wait to do business with you Quentin!!!

Jaime

Great choice :fing34:

Jaime

Yea man happy you decided one these!! Were gonna love these subs lol

Jaime

Rock on!

Can't wait till this tax return gets back!!! Super hype for these sexy ladies!!! :)

He said only seven thousand

lol

well... i think my  run of being the loudest ford panther body  is coming to an end... i have sold the NS-1  and its time for a re build....

im nervous but its time to join the big boys!!

rebuild soon to start

:woot:  :woot:

:popcorn: tuned in

any hints Jon?  wall?

Most defiantly gunna be taking a good look at getting an ethos once i get my electrical ready and an upgraded amp. Shit looks beast and I haven't heard anything bad about them.

any hints Jon?  wall?

I would assume so....at least I hope so. I think that he has achieved maximum trunk status, and it's time to go BIG.

Wall it!!

yesterday was a bassbattles usaci show in san antonio .. and as always i metered then let the demos roll!!!

Edited by bigjon

i love how everyone looks back.. thinking.. what the fuck is back there.

:phatyo:

Those Ethos are moving some air. Whats the name of that song in the first set of videos?

Looks loud lol. . . What did you meter?

152.2 on my termlab   on a dry sunny day with no globe

that day was rainy cloudy .. heavy air , and with a globe i did a 150.9

if yall want flex videos let  me know

Edited by bigjon

4th vid...Kevin Gates - 'Some type of way'....That's my jam!  Love his music.

Sweet vids.  The first one cracked me up how you forgot you were filming.LOL

4th vid...Rich Homie Quan - 'Some type of way'....That's my jam!  Love his music.

Sweet vids.  The first one cracked me up how you forgot you were filming.LOL

Fixed