jonbearsmt

my DSS ethos

looks loud as heck. Any difference with the seats down?

my car is one of those where you kinda have to hear it to respect it... videos are hard, and with the go pro i cant catch reactions because people are on gaurd , like steve said " no one wants to be punked"

i guess i can understand that,

the number i have put up are bullshit.. somthing is up i have an issue some where..  the amp is protecting at .25 

i have some more goodies coming.  hope to change that soon .

thanks guys

Maybe you should just sell me that amp. lmao

Maybe you should just sell me that amp. lmao

lol i just may!

Haha, well pm me if you get serious. I am about to start my build and ready to get something, thinking of grabbing that Taramps 8k after hearing Senchezs today wired at 3 ohms. Shit hurt, lmao! I would rather grab a CF8k or the AB Monster but idk.

Loving your setup though, tuned low doing numbers. Thats it right there! Bet that amp takes up the whole trunk.

Jon is right about having to hear it in person. I've said this from day one. If you ever get a chance to hear it in person, I suggest you do so.

Numbers in this car mean absolutely nothing!

Agreed , car is brutal

i stopped by one the local audio shops  and his family was there.. and every one wanted to hear the lincoln ...

so this is him , and his  little girl  hes heard it.. this is her first time...... she had never sat for a hair trick so she didnt know how...  too far away

his wife  no stranger to bass, this was the second video, my memory ran out on the first attemp she jumpped like crazy  too bad i didnt get it on film :(

Trunk Hair Trickin! runlaugh.gif

After waiting almost 2 months for recones that I still have not recieved; I am now ready to go with a different company. Someone please get at me with a price on a pair of ethos 12's (dual 1's). Thank you

After waiting almost 2 months for recones that I still have not recieved; I am now ready to go with a different company. Someone please get at me with a price on a pair of ethos 12's (dual 1's). Thank you

http://directsoundsolutions.com/

You can purchase off the site.  I have a hand few left and a few with minor cosmetic issues like scratches on the top and bottom plates.  I'd let those go for $50 off each.  If you don't mind the scratches (baskets and soft parts will be new and pristine) create an account on the site and I will give you a $100 store credit.

I still can't get over how these shops really don't have a clue what real bass is.  Maybe its time to launch Pinnacle Transducers?

You can purchase off the site.  I have a hand few left and a few with minor cosmetic issues like scratches on the top and bottom plates.  I'd let those go for $50 off each.  If you don't mind the scratches (baskets and soft parts will be new and pristine) create an account on the site and I will give you a $100 store credit.

Nice!! I may be interested. thanks, Quentin

I still can't get over how these shops really don't have a clue what real bass is.  Maybe its time to launch Pinnacle Transducers?

agreed

..does this apply to 15's aswell?

Yea they use the same motor.  I'll give you a $50 credit on each of whatever size you like.

Yea they use the same motor.  I'll give you a $50 credit on each of whatever size you like.
..wait time/how long (roughly)?

No more than 7 business days

Edited by Quentin Jarrell

so as alot of you know, i have ran sundown for many years in the lincoln, and recently the Zcons, and then back to the sundowns..

well after following the long coming of the ethos i decided to give them a shot.......

i was very impressed with the packing, first off.. i have bought a lot of big subs.. but none were packed like these, .. they didn't move an inch in shipping, ill show you why!!

20131003_211149_zpsac90dee4.jpg

gotta love wood !

20131003_211210_zps2e5ff305.jpg

20131003_211223_zps3cd7b647.jpg

20131003_211230_zps6ca8d4f1.jpg

20131003_211254_zpsdf087bee.jpg

and this idea i liked alot, it keeps the motor from moving, and of course wood on the bottom

20131003_211311_zps56e0156f.jpg

now lets look at the sub,

first thing that caught my eye was the raised lettered dust cap, its classy and different, and the cone its self is nice stiff and very hard, thick if you will,

20131003_211356_zps77e1e708.jpg

second thing i noticed was **** ass!!! its massive, this sub is heavy!!

also the matted black basket, its so very sexy, and again . different

20131003_211421_zpsc9ce4c8f.jpg

20131003_211439_zps17cd96d2.jpg

20131003_211723_zpsb3bda663.jpg20131003_211723_zpsb3bda663.jpg

i think the QC guy forgot to look at this one after it was glued, the glue comes off with a little work....

leads are nice, tethered and heat shrunk

20131003_211543_zpsae985aec.jpg

a peak into her gutts

20131003_211507_zps8b992b6d.jpg

20131003_211524_zps70020105.jpg

lastly is the black chrome basket ... some bitch is sexy!!!.....

this one has some glue but comes off

20131005_144939_zpsed9f1d37.jpg

i was a little sad to see that the builder didnt protect the black chrome back plate while assembling not a huge deal to me.. as im not inverting them...

20131005_141645_zps0427fa36.jpg

20131005_174752_zps543d0e77.jpg

20131005_174741_zpsb7618159.jpg

ok so lets get down to it, so i dropped them in on the NS1 at 1 ohm.. left the settings where they were from the nightshade V2's and let them eat on some music for a while.. about 6 songs right off the bat.. at full tilt... got them nice and hot and smelly... as to be expected straight out of the box... so after about 2 hours play time they are broken in and the spiders are softer,

ill say it right now.. I AM NOT BEING EASY on these subs.. i know i WILL find the limit on them.... but until then lets have some fun!!!

these subs are really nice on music, they are punchy quick and carry lows like a beast, its hard to explain, but its like some how they have the best of both worlds, it has made some of the songs i liked but never played with the nightshades because they would not respond fast enough a joy to listen to once again ,

these subs are taking power like a boss, im going back thru all my music folders looks for new songs to play because the realm of lows and response of these subs is unmatched and i cant wait...

i will keep playing them, and tell ya'll more about them as i learn about them... were still getting to know one another :P

i can tell you i am very pleased at this point :D

i have some videos but uploading them is proving to be a challenge, but i wll get them posted ,:D

Not tryn to jack ur build log bigjon, but you are one of the people who got me interested in "ETHOS"!! ..ty Edited by JCBULLET

No more than 7 business days

Nice.. Made an acount & will be placing an order by friday. ty

Good choice

You will be very happy with this choice!!!

Different coil?

Different coil?

Dual leads for 1