Quentin Jarrell

DirectSpeakerSupplies.com live for viewing

I'm always getting phone calls, PMs, and emails on "what to use for this" or "where did you get that contraption that you used on that".  Well today I purchased the domain name "directspeakersupplies.com"  Eventually it'll be a one stop shop for anything dealing with fabricating and installing audio.  The first bit of stuff that I will be put on the site will be speaker parts, cones, spiders, terminals, coils, glue, dust caps, baskets, bolts, surrounds, ect.  As time and capital allows (have to buy in large bulk to forward savings to customer) I will be adding more and more product.  Things like carpet, fiberglass, resin, wire lugs, actuators, plexi, wiring, solder, router bits, sand paper, grill metal expandable sleeving, suede, vinyl, ect, ect, ect, ect.

Pricing is still to be determined on most everything.  However by browsing the net at the available reconing supplies and parts, mine will be a good 25 percent cheaper.   

Awesome.  Once you get all the products on the site it will quite a place to shop.

For things that fit(non speaker parts), i highly advise on using USPS Flat Rate shipping.  

That would really save you a lot of money.

For things that fit(non speaker parts), i highly advise on using USPS Flat Rate shipping.  

That would really save customers a lot of money.

fixed it for you!

I just checked out the site.

I notice you have 1 new shirt left.

How much is the shirt?  Looks like it may fit me.

That would really save customers a lot of money.

fixed it for you!

haha-- that is awesome! A great one stop shop for the car audio DIY'er, with quality gear and good prices, is a great idea.

big ups Q :woot:

Going to be a bit of a learning curve building the site.  Using Go Daddy, after playing with it a bit it's pretty straight forward.  Just going to take a bit to get pictures taken and uploaded.    

Well hell yeah!

As I get parts in I'll post quick prices and such here until I get the hang of uploading them to the site.  I do have one thing I'd like and opinion on pic though.  The pics below are just on a creme colored back drop.  I could spent all the extra tie editing the pics on a green screen but that would increase the product pricing due to the time spent editing.  Would these below be satisfactory.  Lighting isn't perfect that would be adjusted however would the backdrop be appropriate or should I really spend the extra time (while incresing product price) editing.

DSC_0180_zpsda850b63.jpg

DSC_0181_zpsc8c6ed26.jpg

DSC_0185_zps2c67d41c.jpg

DSC_0184_zps97bb670d.jpg

Below are preliminary prices you might find on speaker parts.  These are the same parts I use on the Ethos.  Parts are for 3 inch coils

Note:  The terminals are the set of positive and negative for one side of the basket .  The bolts are used to attach the basket to the motor.  I don't and won't use cheap phillip head screws to assemble my drivers.  These are preliminary but I don't expect them to change much.  These prices are based on what I'm currently paying to build my drivers.

PRELIMINARYSPEAKERPARTSLISTJPG_zps3bcb34

Edited by Quentin Jarrell

I like the creme colored background myself.  It looks great to me and if it helps pass the savings on then it's a win win in my opinion.

Otherwise it seems like things are moving along on the site.

Background is good, don't bother with a green screen.

Nice, looking forward to seeing it as it progresses. Someday I want to try a custom woofer just for fun, so your site may become useful to me personally also.

site looks good

I do wish it were adjustable, however i do still advise to use this as a last resort.

might possibly have all my parts in next week and will be working on getting all the speaker parts on line.  You will also be able to purchase the Ethos drivers directly from the store.  As of now I have coming:

cones for 10, 12, 15, 18, 

baskets for 12 and 15

allen head bolts for attaching basket to motor (no more cheap screw heads that are impossible to remove)

spiders- 8 inch progressive, 3 different compliances and a stiff spider with 100 amp rated leads

coils- 4 layer aluminum same as used on the Ethos

8 gauge spring terminals to fit baskets

10, 12, 15, 18 inch wrap around gaskets

DSS 6 inch dust caps

black ca glue for attaching spider to basket, former joints and dust caps

accelerator for ca glue

rubberized glue for attaching surrounds to basket

solder and flux 

Well the mobile view is looking good on my phone. Only thing I could view is subwoofer cones so far. Keep at Q. It's definitely coming along.

Well the mobile view is looking good on my phone. Only thing I could view is subwoofer cones so far. Keep at Q. It's definitely coming along.

Yea not much up yet. Waiting on product to take pics.

think this'll work.  Gotta find some decent wire

RCAEND_zpsb95070f4.png