Quentin Jarrell

DirectSpeakerSupplies.com live for viewing

think this'll work.  Gotta find some decent wire

RCAEND_zpsb95070f4.png

Aww yea.

Take a look at this an d let me know if I am on the right track.  This would be a CCA amp kit marketed against something like the Knu CCA kit which runs 54.99 plus shipping.

This kit will be $52.99 with free shipping via USPS flat rate and will contain the following.

17 feet blue CCA blue 1/0

5 feet black CCA black 1/0

(1) 250 amp ANL fuse

high quality brass fuse holder

(4) pure copper terminal lugs (not the cheap ones normally used)

6 feet of split loom

1 foot of high quality 3M shrink tubing

10 wire ties for tying power wire up in engine bay. 

manufacture pics of product below.

blue1aughtcable_zps7b0f6eca.png

black1aughtcable_zps4545e704.png

anlfuseholder_zpsc49a570e.png

anlfuse_zps610960f6.png

splitloom_zps1d37b737.png

copperringterminal_zps4a8e608d.png

heatshrink_zps55f6e8f8.png

wireties_zps9ac327ac.png

You need to get some coils on your page!

Any chance of getting more cone options? Such as stitched surrounds, high roll? Also listing cone weight would be helpful.

We need some DSS wiring kits. Get your own fuse holders made.

You need to get some coils on your page!

Any chance of getting more cone options? Such as stitched surrounds, high roll? Also listing cone weight would be helpful.

I will have lots available I just have not published them to the site. Cone half mass was an oversight and needs to be added. There is no need for stitched surrounds. My parts will move 40mm one way without physical damage. All of the open tooled high roll surrounds I have tested offered no more linear throw than the ones I currently use.

We need some DSS wiring kits. Get your own fuse holders made.

At the moment not a priority. I'm just trying to offer what I've been using for over a decade for installs to the general public.

received a few parts.  I don't have much time to upload but I thought I'd post this.  An 8 inch spider with dual sewn tinsels.  Each tinsel is rated at 100 amps max.  If you are running dual one  ohm coils this spider will allow for 40,000 watts max per each coil.  This is the same stiff spider used on the Ethos.  It is a true progressive spider that is measured 365 grams at 1mm.

IMG_02951_zps55e5a739.jpg 

The below graph is the Ethos 15 Kms curve.  This is an expected curve when combined with my cones (surround plays a part in Kms).  The spider pack for this curve is 3 stiff and one soft spiders.

Ethoskms_zps20c7944e.jpg

The below is another 8 inch progressive spider that is available.  By viewing the graph it can bee seen the suspension only changes ~10 percent from rest to linear xmax.  Versus the 50 percent increase in stiffness with my parts.  This with ~1.7mm of creep are two reasons why DSS customers are reporting an increased tightness and transient response compared to other set ups they have ran.

other8inchprogressivespider_zpsa10a5efe.

Do you make a 10" yet?

Do you make a 10" yet?

A ten can be made but the Ethos motor has WAY too much motor force for the weight of a 10 inch cone.  As it is I am adding 35 grams to the moving mass to the 12 to get a proper response.  If built the 10 wouldn't sound as good.  I could however add about 125 grams of mass to make the response acceptable.