Sign in to follow this  
Quentin Jarrell

TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT DSS TO CARRY

I need help creating a product list for Direct Speaker Supplies to carry.  I already have just about everything to recone subwoofers on its way.  The problem is I have accounts with just about every distributor you can think of and combined they have tens of thousands of parts.  So I'd like to know if there is a special item that you would need.  Maybe something no one else carries or they do and it's just too expensive.  For example maybe you would like to purchase the really nice high nap carpet I use on my enclosures.  Give me a list of what you think would be priority, that must have  hard to get item.

NOTE I WILL NOT BE CARRYING ANY PRODUCT LIKE AMPS OR SPEAKERS (BESIDES DSS BRAND), ONLY SPEAKER PARTS AND INSTALLATION SUPPLIES. 

I'd love to see some gap fill CA glue come in at a great price.

DSS distro blocks. Flexible ones. Like (2) 1/0 in and out, with (2) 4awg in and out. For 3 or 4 amp installs.

**Flexible meaning multi-application, not like those weird JL ones that the wires can move.

Edited by gprestonmoto

bulk connectors/plugs/dongles/jacks/doohickies for DIY cables

x2

x3

heat shrink

techflex

both in either normal, exotic or uv colors.

cheap enough heat gun for it

if you do butt connectors, i'd say get the ones that solder the wires together..  Everybody has a local shop that sells connectors cheap already.  Stocking those would be different to many people that have never heard of them.

aero flares and\or pipes?

set screws for amps 

allen wrenches for amps

The extremely cheap $1-3 china volt meters

soldering iron with proper solder and flux

Material used for properly reconing that is not given with a recone

(IE- centering the former, etc..)

flexible conduit.  I use it to run cable under the car. Might be a bish to ship though..

tap and die set

crimpers for small and large terminals.

Lower cost yet proper flex and strand count wire, and install kits (hu, amp etc).

Also what about recones for hard to find speakers?

J

Techflex for sure. Shit Shizzon kinda just handled the thread. LOL

Lower cost yet proper flex and strand count wire, and install kits (hu, amp etc).

J

J

I have been looking at ordering good quality solid copper wire akin to XS power or welding cable.  This will take a while to get however I have accounts with metra and AMMP that carry good quality wiring that does not have MAP pricing.  I will be taking Amazon's approach with pricing.  Keeping profit at bare minimum to increase sale volumes.  I am also using USPS flat rate shipping so every thing will have shipping in the price already.  Below are current prcing on some cones that are on the site.

10'' cone:  1)  $27.99

2)   $20.99

4)   $17.99

6 or more $15.99

18'' cone:   1)  $46.99

2)  $37.99

4)  $33.99

6)  $31.99

again these prices include shipping.

Perhaps a 'build a speaker kit' with say 5 different motors, 3 different basket designes, 2 different coil structures per motor, 4 different impedences.

Do it as a learning experience, as people are more apt to try reconing on a higher end sub if they try a few 'lower quality' subs first.

J

Perhaps a 'build a speaker kit' with say 5 different motors, 3 different basket designes, 2 different coil structures per motor, 4 different impedences.

Do it as a learning experience, as people are more apt to try reconing on a higher end sub if they try a few 'lower quality' subs first.

J

This is a really good idea however due to the small margins I keep on product it really wouldn't be cost effective for the customer.  The actual assemble cost on my Ethos for example is only about $15 and I don't add profit to that.  Shipping the motor separate from the other parts would make the speaker more expensive than it already is.  The only other way would be to find a clever way to get all the parts in one box without the motor from destroying the other parts

I'd love to see some gap fill CA glue come in at a great price.

already got you covered on that.  It is black however.  Same as used on my drivers.  Really good quality.  Compared to Hernon Manufacturing

heat shrink  getting some 100 foot rolls of verious sizes

techflex

both in either normal, exotic or uv colors.

cheap enough heat gun for it  gotta get price on heat gun.  Still searching for a heat knife 

if you do butt connectors, i'd say get the ones that solder the wires together..  Everybody has a local shop that sells connectors cheap already.  Stocking those would be different to many people that have never heard of them.   I've never seen these.  I do have some solid copper ones in 8,6,4,2 gauge that you crimp, add your own solder, and then can heat shrink over them.

aero flares and\or pipes?  Have access to 2,4,6 inches.  Need to verify that they can use standard pvc pipe though.

set screws for amps shouldn't be a problem.  Allen and screw head

allen wrenches for amps

The extremely cheap $1-3 china volt meters  I could get stinger one's.  In not sure if a cheaper made meter's refresh rate would be quick enough

soldering iron with proper solder and flux  on its way

Material used for properly reconing that is not given with a recone I'll be carry glue, solder, flux, flap discs and other thing to remove glue.  best thing for shimming coils is copy paper

(IE- centering the former, etc..)

flexible conduit.  I use it to run cable under the car. Might be a bish to ship though..  Like flexible rubber/plastic undergound wire conduit for houses

tap and die set

crimpers for small and large terminals.   I can get several styles for small speaker wire connects and a large bolt cutter style for power wire.