Sign in to follow this  
Quentin Jarrell

Ethos 12 wit dat A$$

The 12 as recieved via FedEx from the build house.

DSC_0053_zpsc9ea61f8.jpg

DSC_0055_zps78531fe2.jpg

Each package has the sub's serial number on it.

DSC_0054_zps6c2fd654.jpg

And the model of sub, size, and ohm load.  No need to worry about theft during shipping.  ALL orders are shipped direct signature.  You must sign for it for FedEx to drop it off.

DSC_0058_zps4fb248da.jpg

On top is the warranty card.  This must be filled out and mailed back to me for your THREE YEAR WARRANTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSC_0056_zps35245a10.jpg

Then we have a little wood

DSC_0059_zps13c0e3e1.jpg

Foam to keep the sub from shifting

DSC_0061_zps94148f88.jpg

plastic bag to keep it nice and pretty

DSC_0060_zps5b0fe242.jpg

box attached to the inside of the packaging to keep motor from shifting.

DSC_0063_zps823c26bd.jpg

Had an issue with scratched motors so for the time being the build house put some tape on it.

DSC_0066_zpsff89fc52.jpg

Each and every piece of product has a serial number.  (line of sub - production run- unit in production run)  YOU NEED THIS FOR THE THREE YEAR WARRANTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSC_0065_zpsab3e2c28.jpg

DSC_0068_zps23e824f3.jpg

DSC_0069_zps213dc51d.jpg

DSC_0070_zps2911bb16.jpg

nice glue job on the cap

DSC_0077_zps96e88213.jpg

DSC_0073_zps8c1e5e40.jpg

Heat shrunk leads.

AMAZING!!!!! Excellent job Quentin.

Making me want to try a couple of these

Very nice Quentin. The sub looks awesome!

Looks great man! 

One thing though. Direct signature would be difficult some people like myself whom don't get home until after 5pm. 

Looks great man! 

One thing though. Direct signature would be difficult some people like myself whom don't get home until after 5pm. 

We always have the ability to have them keep it at your local FedEx location.  Once shipped if need be I can redirect it.  Not a problem.  I'd rather incure a small fee on my part to insure the product makes it to the customer in good order.

:phatyo:

What are the t/s parameters on them?

small signal parameters are listed in the "Ethos final pricing" thread however they are small signal.  All of my product will be published with large signal parameters which are a closer approximation to how the driver will actually work.  There is a huge industry show going on this week.  The sub pictured will be shipped off next week for testing and I'm told I'll have results in just a few days.  However they have the same exact goals as the 15 but optimized for a 1.5 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hetz.  This will give a little gain in the lower hertz range.  Below are the 15 specs. (large + warm parameters).  Only difference is thr Re to be used should be 3.99 ohms

PARAMETERS_zps7d3d034a.jpg

you can check out what Big Jon has to say about them here:    http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/60565-my-dss-ethos/

Alright, cool. As of right now i am just getting some ideas of which subs to go with and i have three different sub choices, one being your ethos. Althougj, i will not be upgrading for a while so i can wait on the specs. Also, i have been following what big jon has to say about them :D

Alright, cool. As of right now i am just getting some ideas of which subs to go with and i have three different sub choices, one being your ethos. Althougj, i will not be upgrading for a while so i can wait on the specs. Also, i have been following what big jon has to say about them :D

If you decide to buy them and are not impressed by the performance to price ratio I'll do a complete refund and pay for the return shipping within 30 days as long as there aren't any physical damage to the driver. I'll stand behind the fact that there is nothing that compares at its price.

Alright, cool. As of right now i am just getting some ideas of which subs to go with and i have three different sub choices, one being your ethos. Althougj, i will not be upgrading for a while so i can wait on the specs. Also, i have been following what big jon has to say about them biggrin.png

If you decide to buy them and are not impressed by the performance to price ratio I'll do a complete refund and pay for the return shipping within 30 days as long as there aren't any physical damage to the driver. I'll stand behind the fact that there is nothing that compares at its price.

Well that says a lot.

That is unreal Quentin!

Thats a great offer, although, im sure i wouldnt be returning them lol.

Damn, I really like that motor.

Really good to know that people like you are still focusing on the shipping and packaging so well. It serves a good purpose when you buy a sub that nice.

Also, i noticed you had mentioned a 3500 rms sub, when do you think you will be doing anything with that?

Also, i noticed you had mentioned a 3500 rms sub, when do you think you will be doing anything with that?

As soon as I get 50 of the Ethos sold Ill place an order for the 3,500 watt. It'll be the same motor as the Ethos but will be gapped for a 8 layer coil. It'll basically be an Ethos times two. The 3,500 watt version will be in the neighborhood of $450-500 shipped due to the bigger coil and heaftier suspension and extra leads.

As soon as I get 50 of the Ethos sold Ill place an order for the 3,500 watt. It'll be the same motor as the Ethos but will be gapped for a 8 layer coil. It'll basically be an Ethos times two. The 3,500 watt version will be in the neighborhood of $450-500 shipped due to the bigger coil and heaftier suspension and extra leads.

Alright, i may decide to run a crescendo 5500 on a pair of 12s and if i go that route then your 3500 rms subs will be at the top of my list.

Been kicking myself in the ass for not buying on the first run. If I can get a few good weeks at work I'm pulling the trigger. Not a ton of room in my trunk but I should be able to get a 15 in there.

:)

Will the 3500 rms one come in 12"?

Will the 3500 rms one come in 12"?

And a 10 when I get a new cone tooled.