audio-neon

Samsung Galaxy s4 Camera Simple review.

So I finally replaced my 8mp HTC Incredible 2 which I loved, and got the new Galaxy s4, and ofcourse I have been excited about a new camera.

First impressions are that it has many features found in decent point and shoot cameras, the ability to adjust exposure, a 4x zoom and several shooting modes and color effects. The zoom is intuitive, the shutter response is very quick and the camera handles motion, and low light much better than any other cell phones I have used to date.

Here are a couple of unedited pictures taken by my phone, just to give you an idea of the versatility of the camera.

1271154 10202082720972180 1495112614 O

1399318 10202082789533894 1905415187 O

1274127 10201844635180184 873275791 O

1268669 10201844639180284 1114722527 O

These pictures, except for the second one were taken using just the auto mode, and while driving.  The second picture was shot using HDR mode while standing and shooting freehand.

Just in case anyone was looking for a simple review of the camera on the GS4, as I often find myself using my phone far more than my cameras.

They look kind of blurry to me. I don't think it's suppose to be like that. Maybe it could be because I'm on mobile and the pics are small.

Bummer they can't put real glass on a phone. Works fine for 4" shots but anything more and it's tough.

They are not perfect, like I said, of the four I posted, none of them were taken "ideally" and they aren't bad full size in the gallery. The thumbnails do show some blur do the size reduction, and these files have been compressed to be uploaded.

The complete files aren't bad for a cell phone, taken while moving at speeds up to 65 mph, of objects through windows which are dirty.

Bummer they can't put real glass on a phone. Works fine for 4" shots but anything more and it's tough.

The s4 has been capable of taking decent photos, and I will post some taken stationary from a tripod (after I buy one, lol) to actually show off the ability of the camera as a camera and less as a substitute.

Blow it up, you'll change your mind.

I've seen these phones take amazing pictures, even "blown up."

The quality of pics will be very similar to my Note 2. Very impressive for a phone. 

I've seen these phones take amazing pictures, even "blown up."

The quality of pics will be very similar to my Note 2. Very impressive for a phone.

for a phone sure, for a camera no.

Of course even a Canon G15 takes poor pictures compared to a real camera.

Nice little review.  I actually picked up some photojojo lenses and a gorilla tri-pod.  I have not really had a chance to mess with them all that much.