Sign in to follow this  
Quentin Jarrell

Custom Built 15

A custom built 15 from my spare parts rack I am building for a buddy.  It's going to be ran in a 4 cubic foot enclosure tune to 34 hertz on a Kicker ZX500.1 in a Chevy Avalanche.  As a side note I can do this for other people as well.

DSC_0078_zpsb19eb94b.jpg

DSC_0079_zps5062d11c.jpg

DSC_0080_zpsd5ae8e65.jpg

Edited by Quentin Jarrell

I got some motors sitting around! Details...

Edited by ludeman

I got some motors sitting around! Details...

At the moment I only have 12 and 15 baskets.

prices include

15 cone =37.5

12 cone =34.99

spier with 100 amp leads = $18

spiders with no leads= 4.5

DSS poly dust cap = $8.80

15 basket ~ TBD but expected $38

18 basket ~TBD but expected $34

4 ounce glue kit ~$30 

terminals $3.5 each set.

4 layer coil $39.85

This includes assembly and shipping final assembled sub back to you.  So for example If you had a Incriminator death row motor like above and wanted a 15 you would be looking at ~$188.15 to purchase all the parts have me assemble it and ship it back to you.  

The process involves me using SpeaD software to model the motor and build the sub per your working environments.  Normal shipping and boxing of a sub like this will run you abut 50 bucks so you would basically get all the parts assembled for ~140 bucks

The are also deep discounts for multiple purchases.  I'm in the process of getting all of my pricing on directspeakersupplies.com 

Are you able to offer this service for my Treo SSX 12? If so please PM me I may be interested. Here's a couple pics

DSCN0409.jpg

DSCN0413.jpg

DSCN0411.jpg

Heavy ass motor on this thing. Treo quoted me 3 bills to recone and I have to send it in. Damn thing can stay on the shelf for that price

I don't see it being a problem.  I'm still working on a template to make the process a little easier.  I'd need info like gap clearances and other stuff.  My supplier is at finals this week so everything is backed up.  I have an order of a bunch of parts due to come in when they get slowed down.  Give me a day or two and I'll get a "fill out sheet" worked out to get all the info needed.  Is it just a fresh recone you are needing? 

What other motors do you have sitting around Q?

Some xbl^2 motors.  ~500 watts rms with ~22mm xmax.  I'm working on getting outdated or OEM motors from my supplier so cross my fingers and I'll have a few to play around with.

I don't see it being a problem. I'm still working on a template to make the process a little easier. I'd need info like gap clearances and other stuff. My supplier is at finals this week so everything is backed up. I have an order of a bunch of parts due to come in when they get slowed down. Give me a day or two and I'll get a "fill out sheet" worked out to get all the info needed. Is it just a fresh recone you are needing?

Basically yes. Bought this thing used on CL. Real loose and coils are dark as shit. Guy had it in a little pre fab bandpass box. Sure it's been abused. Can't seem to get this thing to sound good and i know it should. Probably a box issue but still don't trust the sub much in its condition.

If it's something you can do I can give you more info about my application and you can tell me what you suggest. If you can't Ill understand no big deal.

If you could get some measurements if the motor without taking it apart that would be great. I'd hate to see you pull the cone off and not be able to fix it. In the mean time I'll start on a list of everything I'll need to know in order to recone it.

I have a 10w6v2 motor that "can't be reconed" without JL's big ass price tag. Is that possible to be fixed up to running?

I have a 10w6v2 motor that "can't be reconed" without JL's big ass price tag. Is that possible to be fixed up to running?

JL uses some crazy dimensions on their stuff.  Id need to know motor dimensions for coils.  frame size ect.

Some xbl^2 motors.  ~500 watts rms with ~22mm xmax.  I'm working on getting outdated or OEM motors from my supplier so cross my fingers and I'll have a few to play around with.

One of those motors with a 15" basket would be perfect for my home audio setup. Let me know

JL uses some crazy dimensions on their stuff.  Id need to know motor dimensions for coils.  frame size ect.

If I get some spare change, I'll just ship you the motor. I couldn't care less about their basket, and I'd rather make it a 12 or 15 anyway.

What's the price on those xbl^2 motors you have sitting around?

What's the price on those xbl^2 motors you have sitting around?

$80 each shipped with one coil.

I meant the motor just in general, I want you to build me a 15" woofer using that motor and the parts you have available.

You'd be looking at $213 assembled and shipped.