Sign in to follow this  
SQL_Volvo

X18 or Z v.4 for limited space?

Looking for suggestions on which sub would be better suited for my situation. I have right at 6 cubes after all displacements, figuring on 82 square inches of port tuned to 33hz. Power will not be an issue with either sub, current plan is one or two PPI Black Ice 1800s. Electrical will consist of 270A alt and 2 D3100s. Going into a very well deadened 99 Ram Quad Cab. The reason for the limited space is I'm attempting to keep a small seat area on either side and run the enclosure centered on the back seat, seat bottom to ceiling. With that setup the only wat I can realistically pull it off is to have both sub and port forward. I figure I'll center the sub between the front seats and have the port at the top parallel to the ceiling. Not sure if that will work well or not - this will be the first time I've installed anything in a truck. I'm assuming with the cabin area I have and the excursion of these subs it should be pretty nasty - that's the goal anyway, loud, low, and move a lot of air. Any ideas or suggestions wil be greatly appreciated.

Seriously not a single response in over 24hrs on the manufacturers own supposed forum? This place has gone downhill I guess...

What do you want us too tell you? Personally I think it would be pretty dumb because the people in the rear seats will be blocked in. It will work though. For sub the Zv.4 should be louder with more power and it being the bigger sub.

I would go with a 15 though. They like big boxes and the zv4 or x 15 will need more port area. I would be doing 82 for a 15.

A 15 would be better imo, off to one side and sacrifice one of your seats. Or maybe one seat out, you can up your space. Those subs like large enclosures. You could go with a Zv3 18

Pretty sure I stated very succinctly my original post what I wanted you to tell me, did I not? As to your opinion I don't see how that's really relevant. People rarely ride in the back but I wish to have the option if need be, not that that should matter one bit for the info I was asking for.

It's a bench kyle so not possible. The thing is it's not going to effect my passenger situation but maybe 15% of the time. Truth be told id like to retain the ability to have both my kids ride back there when the need arises.

Pretty sure I stated very succinctly my original post what I wanted you to tell me, did I not? As to your opinion I don't see how that's really relevant. People rarely ride in the back but I wish to have the option if need be, not that that should matter one bit for the info I was asking for.

I don't know if you're being a smart ass or not lol I'm not so just to clear that up. It was a serious question that I asked, what do you want us to tell you.

The reason I said a 15 is because the x/zv4 like biggg boxes and the 15 needs around 80in2 of port area if not more. And for anyone saying that I can't just guess, I actually did figure the port area for the 15 zv4 because I was looking at installing the one I had before for it.

If you give me your measurements I might have some time to see if a 15 would work better than the 18 in the amount of space you have

Not trying to be an ass at all - thanks for the response. Im looking

at 22" wide, 22" deep, and 34" tall. I want to maximize a single sub setup. I would really like to run an 18 as I've run just about every other setup imaginable except that lol.

Sign in to follow this