Quentin Jarrell

WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SEE A "COMP" SECTION

Even though I have been in this industry for nearly 12 years I am a competition NOOB!!!  I'd like to see some type of competition section.  I easily view this site twice an hour daily!  However I find myself going to other sites to find info on comp rules, ect.  I'm sure it would be very beneficial to a lot of people here.  Maybe Mark and Aaron could even get with the owners of the leagues and get them to set up league sections here to help inspiring competitors.  I'm sure it would help greatly with traffic on the site as well.    

I'm going to worn you to just say this-

You better have lots of "capital" and money just floating around.

Rules change every year.. every other year.

IF you manufacturer products to squeeze the last bit out of any particular league, they will change the rules to prevent such products from being used in context.  It would mean only those running that product would win.  That's a rule change for sure right there.

I'm going to worn you to just say this-

You better have lots of "capital" and money just floating around.

Rules change every year.. every other year.

IF you manufacturer products to squeeze the last bit out of any particular league, they will change the rules to prevent such products from being used in context. It would mean only those running that product would win. That's a rule change for sure right there.

This is a prime example why this is needed. Nic Watts destroyed the competition with SSA. Now I'm sure Nic is somewhere on the interweb but not seen here.

I actually like this idea.

It would be hard to get league owners on here I think. Most have their own forums.

I'm pretty well versed in usaci and could answer many questions. Although rules do change from season to season, its not that big of an issue. I would say most guys that compete seriously, build for one class and know all the rules before building I'm sure there are others that are more familiar with the other orgs. I do agree there could be potential in having a dedicated section for newbs to ask questions.

in fact ... one of the largest events in the South will take place not too far from you ...

USACI's Scrapin the Coast in Biloxi, Missippi ... June I think

I will be glad to start a thread as soon as I get info ...

This is a prime example why this is needed. Nic Watts destroyed the competition with SSA. Now I'm sure Nic is somewhere on the interweb but not seen here.

While talking to people at World Finals ... Alot of them told me that they do not care for forums in any way ...

or simply do not have time to interact on the interwebs ...

Love the idea Q. There is not much action close to me so I depend on this forum for any help/info I need. I am finishing my upgrade soon and would like to travel to compete next season but have no idea where to start. I have googled classes and rules but still not confident im interpreting the info correctly. Also, as with anything Im sure there are "unwritten rules" and subtleties that one learns as they go that may be beneficial to some of us as well. 

That is true, many of the serious competitors don't use forums. Almost every vehicle that was there I've never seen online before.

All of the major orgs. IASCA, MECA, DB-Drag, and USACI all have their event schedules listed on their websites ...

And no ... to keep everything as fair as possible, there is no fine print. They go strictly be the book.

You just need to learn how to interpret those rules and regulations ...

To put together Quentin's idea would require input from people who compete in such organizations. For instance if I would participate in IASCA, I'd post rules and competition anouncements as soon as I'd see them. 

At least that's how we used to do it locally. Whenever a competition was announced, one of the competitors would post the details elsewhere. 

Up to date ...

MECA - Sound Quality Moddex (we have team members in multiple classes)

USACI - Sound Quality Modified SQ / SQ+ ... Super Modified SQ / SQ+

USACI - SPL Street Beat 2 ... SPL Modified 0 - 1000 (test tones)

Edited by Cablguy184

Great we arleady have competitors now we just need an area for them to start putting their knowledge down on paper and for others to ask questions.

Like I said I am on here at least hourly and hate having to go elsewhere to find info.

And as far as competitors not liking forums I'm sure if they knew that SSA has a no asshat policy they'd like to come here.

Quentin Jarrell, on 23 Oct 2013 - 08:42, said:

And as far as competitors not liking forums I'm sure if they knew that SSA has a no asshat policy they'd like to come here.

Most competitiors are trial and error basis only ...

Most competitiors do not give suggestions by sharing their practices and loose their edge in competition ...

Most "Balls to the Wall" competitors do not take suggestions from people that do not compete ...

Honnestly guys ... this is my observation at multiple shows and events ...

I invite people to forums all of the time ... Most are very nice and just say "no thanks"

I have no problem adding another section.  But a few things first...

#1 We already have a competition section at the top of the forum and it is not used all that much

#2 I would not have the time to constantly update it with info 

#3 We have a range of competitors on here all over the country/world, but this site has never really been about the competitions but more so about the install 

#4 I do not really see associations coming here when they have their own forums/sections elsewhere, hell we have vendors who are only here and I have to constantly remind them they have a section here.

With many it's also the "trade secrets" concept of not giving those competing against you anything to give them an edge...

Why would I post up all of the little things I do that gain me the .x decibels each that together make the difference between me coming in 1st vs 4th?

That being said I do not not personally compete, but years ago considered it. At the time I asked a forum member on sound illusions for some tips since he was running the exact same vehicle as me. He sent me a list of everything that gained him .1 db each (pass seat forward, floor mats out, etc...) After I told him what class I would be in (not his) and that I was in another country. And he did this through pm only.

Edited by nigel

Why would I post up all of the little things I do that gain me the .x decibels each that together make the difference between me coming in 1st vs 4th?

.x decibels ... Will be the deciding factor for winning a world championship or not ...

seen it MANY times ...

This is the same for SQ score cards too ... .xx means ALOT and most time a rejudge

seen it THIS year at Finals ...

He sent me a list of everything that gained him .1 db each (pass seat forward, floor mats out, etc...)

I gained 1.25 points this year just by removing my wishield rear view mirror and retuning ...

Something I learned THIS year at Finals ...

.x decibels ... Will be the deciding factor for winning a world championship or not ...

seen it MANY times ...

This is the same for SQ score cards too ... .xx means ALOT and most time a rejudge

seen it THIS year at Finals ...

He sent me a list of everything that gained him .1 db each (pass seat forward, floor mats out, etc...)

I gained 1.25 points this year just by removing my wishield rear view mirror and retuning ...

Something I learned THIS year at Finals ...

And this is why many top competitors keep everything close to the cuff, and aren't fielding questions on online forums. Where decimal points mean so much, one cannot afford to give them away.

I do know that Mississippi has 3 major USACI events every year ... Scrapin the Coast (biloxi), ShowFest (Tunica), and Chilaxin / Ridin the Park (Jackson / Pearl) ...

There are plans to have atleat 3 MECA events this year ... 2 double point events and 1 tripple point event (state Finals) ...

To my knowledge ... these will be SQ and SPL events ...

I will be glad to post up these events as they get released to the public ...

Know of any more events ??? Post them up guys !!! I've driven as far a 800 - 1000 miles to an event several times ...

I've asked for a SSA / CA-F meet up several times on this forum ...

I have a RTA meter and acess to a Term-Lab if we can get enough people to show up ...

Edited by Cablguy184