whitey

cap vs secondary battery?

I never said it solves everything I'm just saying could be a cheaper alternative to a second battery

Exactly as stated in my analogy. More money for less result. So WHY is that a good thing?

So far just daisy chaining off second battery on termlab on music for 1 to 2 minutes gained a half db I would have pictures from yesturday but forgot all about it since the gf wanted to leave to see near by family that we originally were going to so

i put the ultra cap as the second battery and i have to say it is doing wonders for music clamped now at 600watts from 522 now sitting at 3.5ohms from 4 ohms will be upgrading from what i have which is the 6 1400F cap bank to the 2600f maybe 3000f caps will get numbers on music on the 8th since that is the next local show which is glenn burnie maryland. the cap bank is better when i mean better i mean does not clip as early on the cap bank then having a second battery, i'll see if i can  get a better contact with the wires from the ultra caps.

i put the ultra cap as the second battery and i have to say it is doing wonders for music clamped now at 600watts from 522 now sitting at 3.5ohms from 4 ohms will be upgrading from what i have which is the 6 1400F cap bank to the 2600f maybe 3000f caps will get numbers on music on the 8th since that is the next local show which is glenn burnie maryland. the cap bank is better when i mean better i mean does not clip as early on the cap bank then having a second battery, i'll see if i can  get a better contact with the wires from the ultra caps.

How is that wonders? I can tell you why it's not. 1st, no audible difference. Yay, sounds like wonders. 2nd Even if you are too thick to understand the 1st the difference you "clamp" is within the uncertainty of your measurement. ie, it's moot.

Stop drinking the koolaid blindly and instead OPEN your eyes and actually ask a question that will require education in responding.

Oh boy, I see an awful lot of win in this threadpopcorn2.gif

with just that little upgrade or any upgrade like such there is no way you could get an audible difference only way would be doubling my power which would in tail 3db increase which is what i believe is the only way to "feel" or "hear" the difference. when i add my new alt from iraggi i would hear the difference since i would also be building a new box which would help keep the box rise or impedance rise as some may know it by. by adding the ultracap bank i might of gained maybe half a db and for me i can live with it since that will help me go into a high class at local shows. what would also help me improve my numbers is replacing the old and slow lead acid battery upfront with a bank of ultracaps to help lower my voltage drop every time "the bass drops". when i do so i would gain a little more on the mic do to the fact i would have instant power with every note only downside my alternator would have a bit of a trouble keeping up with the draw from the amplifier. so in all i would say doing all that would make me happy with my numbers. and yes i will upgrade my existing ultracap bank for 6 3000farad caps from the current 1400f caps. ultrcaps can handle lower voltages and have a "shorter or quicker" time to charge then a traditional battery which means that the power would be right there and would not have to wait for the batteries to charge again just to play another note while the ultracap bank would just keep playing and charging at the same time.

with just that little upgrade or any upgrade like such there is no way you could get an audible difference only way would be doubling my power which would in tail 3db increase which is what i believe is the only way to "feel" or "hear" the difference. when i add my new alt from iraggi i would hear the difference since i would also be building a new box which would help keep the box rise or impedance rise as some may know it by. by adding the ultracap bank i might of gained maybe half a db and for me i can live with it since that will help me go into a high class at local shows. what would also help me improve my numbers is replacing the old and slow lead acid battery upfront with a bank of ultracaps to help lower my voltage drop every time "the bass drops". when i do so i would gain a little more on the mic do to the fact i would have instant power with every note only downside my alternator would have a bit of a trouble keeping up with the draw from the amplifier. so in all i would say doing all that would make me happy with my numbers. and yes i will upgrade my existing ultracap bank for 6 3000farad caps from the current 1400f caps. ultrcaps can handle lower voltages and have a "shorter or quicker" time to charge then a traditional battery which means that the power would be right there and would not have to wait for the batteries to charge again just to play another note while the ultracap bank would just keep playing and charging at the same time.

WOW. 4 periods. Really makes what you are saying hold credibility.

Oh goody. Another internet fight over grammar :)

Really, though, I'm surprised this thread has been going on as long as it has. Ultracaps were intended for a very niche market in car audio. It should not, nor do I predict it will, ever become a "normal" thing in the car audio industry. All it takes is for one newb who doesn't know what he's doing to set his car on fire or cause bodily harm to himself from using a set and it'll be a fading memory, just like the Helix capacitor bank and minidiscs.

Oh goody. Another internet fight over grammar smile.png

So you can read the nonsensical noob banter above? I tried, but it surely did nothing to clarify any point.

And there is reality.

Really, though, I'm surprised this thread has been going on as long as it has. Ultracaps were intended for a very niche market in car audio. It should not, nor do I predict it will, ever become a "normal" thing in the car audio industry. All it takes is for one newb who doesn't know what he's doing to set his car on fire or cause bodily harm to himself from using a set and it'll be a fading memory, just like the Helix capacitor bank and minidiscs.

Applying things outside any niche is about as braindead as you can get.