Quentin Jarrell

THE EPIC MAGNETAR THREAD

I'm not home to verify...but mounting depth should be 10 1/2 inches.

me first me first :D

When are these gonna be out?

If all is well I would have to do a preorder group buy of 50 units to have production run this year. I already this years budget allotted for two smaller sub lines, components, and amplifiers. Just a rough guesstimate IF I did a pre order and that's a big if price would be ~$700 shipped. I'm guesstimating this to be in the $1,000-1,100 MAP shipped.

If all is well I would have to do a preorder group buy of 50 units to have production run this year. I already this years budget allotted for two smaller sub lines, components, and amplifiers. Just a rough guesstimate IF I did a pre order and that's a big if price would be ~$700 shipped. I'm guesstimating this to be in the $1,000-1,100 MAP shipped.

Hmm what's going on with the amps? What are the power ratings for them?

Not quite sure yet exactly. Depends on pricing and other stuff. Will be Korean built. Mono blocks under 2k, a 4 channel. If pricing is reasonable all amps will be full range with available external DSP.

Depending on their workload I plan on Enrique and Pat to design some Low reluctance MMAG highs tweeters and Vance will be doing the crossover networks. Time frame will be dependent on their workload. But first I have to get them to design some soft parts for a 15 that'll handle 65mm one way throw.

I have a lot planned just have to see what can be done in the time allowed.

Not quite sure yet exactly. Depends on pricing and other stuff. Will be Korean built. Mono blocks under 2k, a 4 channel. If pricing is reasonable all amps will be full range with available external DSP.

Depending on their workload I plan on Enrique and Pat to design some Low reluctance MMAG highs tweeters and Vance will be doing the crossover networks. Time frame will be dependent on their workload. But first I have to get them to design some soft parts for a 15 that'll handle 65mm one way throw.

I have a lot planned just have to see what can be done in the time allowed.

You sound like a very busy person lol good luck with everything I hope too see new things.

That's an intense looking woofer you have there, looking forward to seeing it in action.

Woofer looks sick :phatyo:

Im amp shopping now, just hearing about what your cooking up makes me want to wait out a little longer. Good work man

Woofer looks sick :phatyo:

Im amp shopping now, just hearing about what your cooking up makes me want to wait out a little longer. Good work man

That's what I'm thinking! I'm eager to see the amps.

When you say you need to get them to make you some 65mm one way soft parts, that's specifically for the MMAG, correct?

And... is the finish production of the MMAG going to have 2 slugs?

And for me and all of us.. can you explain the difference between these-

MMAG vs Trident

I think with an ass that fat, it won't fit with that depth. I'll measure though.

I think with an ass that fat, it won't fit with that depth. I'll measure though.

The motor OD is 11 inches

When you say you need to get them to make you some 65mm one way soft parts, that's specifically for the MMAG, correct?

MMAG vs Trident

MMAG vs Trident

MMAG stands for multiple magnetic air gap. As long as a transducer has more than one air gap (no mater the number) and uses what STEP calls a "diode magnet" between the gaps it falls under the MMAG patent.

The "Trident" I posted a while back is just a 3 gap iteration of MMAG

Looks nutty. Good luck with all your shenanigans. :D I look forward to seeing what you come up with next. :)

Layed it on my back seat and free aired it on a little 500 watt amp. Going to have to do some some in box testing with some power on a term lab to see if I'll offer the SPL coil. This thing has a TON of motor force. On only 500 watts it's moving ~15mm one way. The Ethos barely moves on this much power. The suspension on this sample takes 2,190 grams to move it 1mm one way. The suspension on the Ethos takes 1,195 grams to move it 1mm and the Sample's moving mass is almost 3 times more. The fact that it moves this much shows is motor force to moving mass ratio is pretty damn good.

Edited by Quentin Jarrell

To give a better idea of the size of this driver.  The Magnetar 15 next to a 10 inch SSA Dcon.

DSC_0531_zps46fc12cd.jpg

DSC_0530_zpsf888765a.jpg

Allow me to pick up my jaw off the floor and hide my woody.

Makes the Dcon look like some midbass drivers for the door. Shits crazy man

Holy Chit Mang!!

Sort of looks like a weird team rf style with an extended pole peice type mouth thingy, or just a big giant thing a ma-moter! LMFAO