Quentin Jarrell

THE EPIC MAGNETAR THREAD

Sort of looks like a weird team rf style with an extended pole peice type mouth thingy, or just a big giant thing a ma-moter! LMFAO

It's just plum retarded.  The ole lady just asks if THAT"S really necessary and keeps shaking her head.  And she has see a few builds in her day.  

i neeedzzzz me some :D

its moving alot on only 500 watts wow

lifter.gif

lifter.gif

You telling me my backs been hurting for two days now.

On a side note. I'm gonna start slicing on a burp box tonight

With so much motor force and coil movement going on with only 500 watts that cooling is extra efficient and working overtime pumping air around everything. It can only get better with more power. I'm curious of the burp box for sure!

Update on that burp box?

Just received an email on the finalized coil that'll be in the Magnetar.  As soon as photobucket is back up I'll upload the FEA and coil spec sheet.  I will have to adjust the top plates and make the gap tighter as this coil is a good bit smaller than the spl coil.  The finalized one ohm coil will have an Re of .8 ohms.  Seriesed at 1.6 ohms the motor will have a modeled 38.7 BL which gives it a motor force factor of ~937.  Still pretty stout for a daily driver.  With this coil it'll have a linear xmax of ~47.5mm and will have a rearward mechanical clearance of 62.5mm.  The new soft parts for the frame being worked on that'll be avaliable this fall will be linear to ~55mm one way so they will support this motor.  The coil is a 8 layer flat alluminum coil so it should handle ~3,000 - ~4,000 rms and 10 k for burps.  we will see what happens once I get the coils in.   

So I screwed up the modeling.  Had twice the amperage set.  BL should be 19.4 at 1.6 ohms with a mff of 235.  below is the fea screen shot and coil sheet.

magnetarcoil_zps09a0b512.png

magnetarBL_zpsf1c0e9bc.png

awesome, looks like things are on track.

should have it playing in a few weeks.  The current gap is larger than it needs to be but it'll give me a close idea of where the soft parts need to be and what it'll do on power.

Edited by Quentin Jarrell

any update on that burp box of the driver you have on hand?

any update on that burp box of the driver you have on hand?

no, I won't offer the spl coil.  due to inductance the daily coil will be louder on less power.  When the new coils come I'm gonna build it into a 12 and slap it in my DD and throw a few IA 20.1's on it.

One good note is the new coil is WAY WAY cheaper.  The way its looking now I just might be able to sell the 15 for ~$525-$550 plus shipping.  So you could have it at your door for $600-$625

In the nicest way possible.

Screw you for showing me this!

I don't see the drilled out holes on the lower part of the basket for added cooling. Do you think this won't be an issue. I know some companies use them, some don't. 

This sample will have holes drilled into the basket but it will not be needed in the production run due to the cooling built into the motor.  

Any available T/s? or expected T/s? Would like to play around box designs!

Agreed, T/S specs would be great to estimate possible enclosures. I want to see what you could do with two 18" in a daily setup tuned around 20 to 26 hertz. (Just can't get enough of those lows)

Large signal parameters will extrapolated once the production run comes in.

Induction should be slightly better with this coil.

IMG_04451_zpsad55f0dc.jpg

ima buy the first three subs :D

I want one of these!!!

I want one of these!!!

I'll sell you a limited edition with my signature for 2,999.99$