Mike Hutcheson

BL recone ?

Well it's time for a recone, beat the hell outta of my 15 d2 BL. Tensil leads snapped and burned up, oh well time to fix it lesson learned... I need some info on everything I need to order from Fi to get this done.. Like I said its a dual 2 ohm fully loaded..... I got mine back in February is mine a 2009 series? Can I recone it to a dual 1. Been Running a crenshendo 2250 @ 1 ohm...would I be better off going .5 if I can recone to dual 1?.. Thanks for all in put...

Fi I must say you make a badass product yeah I clipped the living hell of this sub many many times , guess you can say I bottomed it out not 100 % sure but sounded like the dust cover smacking the vc 100's of times After all the abuse I put to this thing it beat hard to the last moments... Yes I played it clipping most the time yes it's dumb yes this is the result, never know what you got till you push it... Well worth the money... Roughly 90 clipping hours ;)

Did you choose the "universal" option?

Edited by watts09

When I spoke with whoever I did on the phone last year he told me they where universal ... But I'm sure I clicked yes on that anyways... On the vc all I can see wrote on it is d2 15 BL I haven't taken this sub apart

then you should be good to go. Don't get dual 1 and run .5. You won't notice much more than killing your electrical system. If you're already destroying the sub at 1 ohm you don't need to throw any more power at it. It is a 2009 model.

Have you reconed a sub before? Make sure you're comfortable doing it yourself, or find someone to do it for you if you don't plan on sending it in. Would suck to ruin one because of lack of experience or know-how.

Never done it... Seen it done a few times... Never have experience if you don't try .. Ya know lol do I need to order adhesive from them too? Also I don't trust any audio store in Kansas City... DIY it's done right. Been my experience in life.

Personally would order the glue from them as well, no NEED though. Get in touch with the local audio scene and find someone willing to help that has done it a time or two.

I guess the new recones come with sandwiched leads regardless b/c there is no option for it.  But make sure you know if you had a flat wound coil or not.  I think it matters.  and just make sure your motor is not pre-09