gassman

Sundown SA or X series....

I'm planning on upgrading my system within the next month or so, currently I have a Kicker L5 15" running on 1k watts rms in a 4 ft^3 tuned around 40 hz. It's gets low, but doesn't get low enough...

I'm leaning towards the Sundown X-18, or maybe a  Sundown SA-15. I've heard the X series can take a hell of a lot more power than what they are rated for (1250W) I believe. Which is what i'm leary about, would I be better off getting a X-18 wired down to 1 ohm at 1400RMS, or go with a SA-15 wired at 2ohm at 1k rms? How much can these subs truly take?

I had an sa15 then upgraded to the X15. Im giving the X15 a clean 2200 rms at 13.8v and it loves it and it sounds very clean and loud. Also the X series pounds the low notes, i could definatly tell a difference from the Sa15. My box was 4.1cubic ft tuned to 32hz. I know this is late but im just trying to help out a little bit. 

SA series is more SPL than SQ and the X series is more SQ than SPL. I have a pair of SA-12's and so far won 6 completions with them throwing 1,200 watts RMS to each. It's up to your sound preference. 

Edited by beanerman