Sign in to follow this  
grayta

Audiopipe 3k

I was thinking about getting the audiopipe 3k, but a little confused on wiring my two D4 subs on the amp.  Before you comment don't tell me to not get it because its a POS (I'm not asking wether I should get it or not).  I am on a budget.. The amp does around 3k @ 2ohms.  If you aren't familiar with the amp it has 2 channels, its basically two 1500s strapped.  Can I wire my 2 D4 subs on this amp to get a 2ohm final load on the amp to receive 3k?  This amp has got me so confused haha, thanks for the help.

You wont be able to

With two D4's you'll end up at 1 ohm, 4 ohm, or 16 ohm.

No you can't, that amp wouldn't give you 3k anyway.

Nope get a 1 ohm stable amp within your budget.

My sundown is acting up so I was looking for different amps. I just got a good deal on a lanzar opti 4001d. .5 and 1ohm stable.

Why don't you get the Sundown repaired? 

It's been repaired and i bought it refurbished as well. It's changing the polarity of my subs at a certain level. A couple of my buddies and myself thought it was the previous box and loading issues. Everything is set right on the amp and I have checked the headunit and everything. I have read online it might be a signal issue. I'm going to try and switch amps and see if it's the sundown amp for sure. If it's the sundown amp I may just get it repaired and sell it and keep the lanzar. If it's something else I may just return the lanzar, we'll see

I'm running the Shark Audio SHKAMP-2500D (Audiopipe APSM-2000 in a different heat sink) and love it for the price. On a budget it can't be beat. I know it's a little smaller than what you're looking for, but figured I'd make you aware of the option anyways. $112 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/shark-shkamp2500d-2500W-Mini-Design-Mono-MOSFET-Car-Audio-Professional-Amplifier-/261153556819?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item3ccdf70953

Edited by PHATBOi

Ah, just reread and see you have the Lanzar. Cool.

How you like your X's? I love mine. Must be nice to have two, lol. I may get another along with a second Shark and strap them on the 2 X's.

Edited by PHATBOi

Those sharks look like a mighty deal!