Quentin Jarrell

LIST OF ETHOS ENCLOSURES

This is the place for any Ethos enclosure designs and specs 

those are awesome designs !

Wow! talk about thinking outside the box (pun definitely intended)

That trunk design is SICK!! Never thought about anything like that before. I'm building that! Thanks a lot Quentin

Edit: do you have a cut sheet?

Edited by ChILL

That trunk design is SICK!! Never thought about anything like that before. I'm building that! Thanks a lot Quentin

Edit: do you have a cut sheet?

I'll have one up by the end of the day

Having people see that enclosure and see how the front is wide open and not understanding how it works is gonna be great! there aren't very many people around me who know much of anything to do with car audio

Q, your brain is comparable to one of Einstein.  Great job

cut list and cut sheet added.  They are 8.5 x 11 so you can print them out.

Thanks a lot Q!

How much port area does the box with 6 ports have? I only came up with 46in2 of port area.

How much port area does the box with 6 ports have? I only came up with 46in2 of port area.

you gotta make compromises when you stuff 10 pounds in a 5 pound bag. 

IF port area is a problem, increase baffle size and decrease depth.

you gotta make compromises when you stuff 10 pounds in a 5 pound bag. 

Yea that's true! The way that box is designed so really unique and cool looking though!

I like that trunk box too, even though it's to big for my car! Would love to see it for 10s or 12s!

Hmm I could fit the dual 15 design...maybe I'll try it.

Two 15 inch Ethos  32 wide x 38 deep x 18 tall tuned to 32 hertz

215ethos32x38x18no1_zps1c1bda27.jpg

215ethos32x38x18no2_zps6888c561.jpg

Hell Q- since you are bored....

If you had 50w x 20T x up to 48L,  Subs and port forward.  What would you do?

We had talked about tuning to 22 for the flattest response...(IIRC)

In an avalanche? Both subs and port forward. I'm gonna be doing a very basic instal in ine this weekend. I'll post pics to give you an idea.

Nice!  I am starting to work the math and draw up something this weekend here at work.

Nice! I am starting to work the math and draw up something this weekend here at work.

The sub stage in this one is just a basic single 15 ported box wrapped in carpet and bolted to the bed of the truck. The foldable panel will be removed via the few bolts that hold the hinge to the floor. A wooden panel will be made to go in its place with a woofer cutout to match up to the cut out in the box. Then the sub will be mounted to both the panel and enclosure. This will leave a few inches between the rear of the seat and the sub.

MAN- i am sick to my stomach right now...just spent a couple hrs working up something....then close sketchup without saving it! I fell so dumb.LOL I did snip it first....I have the demensions wrote down- i can prolly redraw it pretty quick.

I am a bit confused though. i just went straight to the caraudio.com port area calc, punched in 2 15's with 32 xmax. It gave me a port area of 146.xx". Worked that out to a 18.5 x 8" slot. Dropped that into the 12volt prot length calc, and got 72.xx" for 22 hz.

So this is designed around that. 5^ft per sub, 148" of port, tuned to 22hz.

AVSubbox1.jpg

Then I go back to the ethos spec thread, and see that you are recommending 52" or port area/per. Why is that so much less than the calculator suggested? I am thinking I should redraw it to 104" of port(roughly 18.5x6 for 2). Correct?

Edited by Leedogg

Nice! I am starting to work the math and draw up something this weekend here at work.

The sub stage in this one is just a basic single 15 ported box wrapped in carpet and bolted to the bed of the truck. The foldable panel will be removed via the few bolts that hold the hinge to the floor. A wooden panel will be made to go in its place with a woofer cutout to match up to the cut out in the box. Then the sub will be mounted to both the panel and enclosure. This will leave a few inches between the rear of the seat and the sub.

My plan too...it will be triple baffled.