Quentin Jarrell

LIST OF ETHOS ENCLOSURES

Is coil overhang the length of the coil outside the gap or the length of the coil from the midpoint to end?

Is coil overhang the length of the coil outside the gap or the length of the coil from the midpoint to end?

Over hang is the length of coil from the bottom of the top plate to the bottom of the coil. Or the top of the top plate to the top of the coil.

The top plate is 25mm. The coil is 70mm long. So 70 - 25 = 45 / 2 = 22.5mm

Don't use 32mm Xmax to calculate port area. Use 23.5mm which is the coil overhang of the driver. Coil overhang is the definition of Xmax per Richard Small which who's formula is used in that calculator to estimate port area.

Roger that- i don't feel so bad about not saving that file now.LOL  I'll redo the sketch to your specs tomorrow.

OK- reworked it.  10 cubes,  106 inches of port,  51" port length,  22hz.  48" x 20" x 30".  Decided a simple slot would be fine...and easier to build.

AVSubbox.jpg

You will want to put a vertical brace between the subs. One 3/4 piece of wood 18.5 x 3" would be enough to help keep the baffle from flexing. Your gonna have 120 pounds of drive there.

I planned to brace it...just haven't 'drawn' it in.  That's just throwing it together to get the measurements right. (While watching the Saints last night)

Now I just got to get you paid off.  Buying the Avalanche kind of slowed me down this week.

trunk box for (2) 15's

5.75 cft tuned to 28 hertz

32 x 32 x 15.75

box is single layer .75 wall thickness. The 6 ports act as bracing. Enclosure has one brace on back wall.

two15EthosTrunkPortedwithRESPONSEINFORMA

two15EthosTrunkPortedwithdiagramjpeg_zps

two15EthosTrunkPortedcutsheetjpeg_zps2c1

two15ethostrunkportedrear_zps67195da5.jp

I'm really thinking hard about this,looking to rebuild within the year or so but can't go any deeper than 28" and CAN GO 36" wide instead of 32"w.Any thoughts on this? Edited by garychurch84

No way you will fit 2-15s if your gonna cut the dimensions down, just keep it simple and stick with 2-12s.

No way you will fit 2-15s if your gonna cut the dimensions down, just keep it simple and stick with 2-12s.

It only went from 9.3 gross cubes to 9.18 cubes not much difference

I can maybe get 29" deep which will make it 9.5cubes

I shorted the depth and widened the the box

Edited by garychurch84

Gary that box is awesome design. let me know if you change you mind on building. with those dimension it would fit in my car. anyway nice wok. thumbs up for sure.

Gary that box is awesome design. let me know if you change you mind on building. with those dimension it would fit in my car. anyway nice wok. thumbs up for sure.

I can't take credit for Q's design,just trying to lower the dept and add to the width so I can get it in my car.If it will work would love to have 2 15's in my car

I see what your saying I just don't understand the hype in trying to cram 2-15"s in a trunk car in a box that is already past the small side, but hey to each it's own.

I see what your saying I just don't understand the hype in trying to cram 2-15"s in a trunk car in a box that is already past the small side, but hey to each it's own.

I can agree.but If Q thinks his subs will work well in that enclosure that's a plus,if not then I'll stay with 2 12's.

I don't really see why Q would post it if it wouldn't work well.

That's why I'm asking questions

The DSS Ethos, along the Mag, seem to LOVE small enclosures. Take a look at Big Jon Lincoln, small side for a conventional dual 15, except he net's a very positive return, I too noticed the same with the mag. "Cramming" may not apply so much when the driver's themselves are design for so.

Obviously both of you guys are missing my point, I know these drivers are designed for smaller boxes as I understand that.

Ill break it down for yall. If you are already cutting down the box size to fit in your trunk, then why go for it. Cramming a box being damn near too big to fit in the trunk along with batteries, amps etc. Not cramming as subs in too small enclosure. But if OP has taken the extras into consideration then my bad, like I said I just don't see the hype in doing so.

Obviously both of you guys are missing my point, I know these drivers are designed for smaller boxes as I understand that.

Ill break it down for yall. If you are already cutting down the box size to fit in your trunk, then why go for it. Cramming a box being damn near too big to fit in the trunk along with batteries, amps etc. Not cramming as subs in too small enclosure. But if OP has taken the extras into consideration then my bad, like I said I just don't see the hype in doing so.

ah, my bad lol, misunderstanding on my behalf. 

Yeah, this I will agree with. Most of the time, it depends on how much the  end user wants to work with, often time the trouble is more than what it's worth.

If I go 36"x29"x15.75" I'll gain .2 cubes from Q's original design which is only an inch deeper than my current box.I already have the electrical done still plenty of room foraleast 3 more batteries,which I shouldn't need

enclosure for (4)15's

3 cubic feet per sub tuned to 32 hertz

external dimensions: 46" wide x 40" deep x 19" tall

4ethos15stopview_zps4280d2a8.jpg

4ethos15sbackview_zpsd8621596.jpg

4ethos15stopinternalview_zpse0377bdd.jpg

Port area on this?

Looks like around 160-180 ish

15 net cubes, 156" port, 22hz. What do you think Quinten? 3 would give me a .66 ohm load on the 3500.(which I think will be fine with box rise).  Just playing around with the idea...you think it'll be worth it over 2?

Picture%20Device%20Independent%20Bitmap%

Not worth it if you plan on sticking with the 3500. If you plan on adding power go for it.

Gotta like an honest answer from a company.  Thanks.  BTW-  got a delivery confirmation!  can't wait to get home and check them out.

Gotta like an honest answer from a company. Thanks. BTW- got a delivery confirmation! can't wait to get home and check them out.

I say do it! Just add more power. Find another 3500

Gotta like an honest answer from a company. Thanks. BTW- got a delivery confirmation! can't wait to get home and check them out.

I say do it! Just add more power. Find another 3500

Or sell the 3500 and buy a 5500 or the likes.