Mike1982

Eb-flex 2/0 welding cable review/comparison

I have bought a few brands of car audio cable over the past few years & looked at many others online during research but I finally decided to venture out & pick up some welding cable for the 1st time at 2.00 per foot I found it hard to resist. I bought some electron beam technologies eb flex 2/0 welding cable I have to say I am pretty happy with it so far but is 2/0 we will see how fun working with its hope I don't have to cram it into any 1/0 terminals or inputs cause I thought Knu kolossus was a little hard to fit into some 1/0 inputs. I have only used 4 brands of 1/0 wire and those are Knu Konceptz kolossus 1/0, Audio technix 1/0, & phoenix gold power flex 1/0. All of these are excellent wires & I have nothing bad to say about any of them because they have all worked well for me & not caused me any problems. This is just my observations I'm not doing this to "bash" any company this is just an honest comparison of some wires I own at the moment mainly cause I havent seen many pics of eb flex or comparison. I know that comparing 2/0 to 1/0 isn't comparing apples to apples look at the pictures & enjoy. 

The AT wire is black, Eb-flex 2/0 is bright red, Knu Kolossus is Dark Red

post-20384-0-76498200-1383147171_thumb.j

post-20384-0-75008400-1383147292_thumb.j

post-20384-0-15306800-1383147316_thumb.j

post-20384-0-92124700-1383147370_thumb.j

post-20384-0-88946300-1383147411_thumb.j

post-20384-0-89827500-1383147764_thumb.j

post-20384-0-96119200-1383147817_thumb.j

post-20384-0-36028300-1383147897_thumb.j

post-20384-0-76081300-1383147929_thumb.j

Edited by Mike1982

I've used their 6g, 1/0, 2/0, and 4/0.

Fast shipping and great CS. Two drawbacks... Have to call in your order and casing slides on the wire.

its pretty awesome its on sale this week & at 2.00 a foot I couldn't pass it up but their regular prices are just as great too I won't be buying anymore car audio cable (unless its just a super awesome deal of course). The customer service was awesome I ordered this stuff & literally the next day it was on my door step e-mailed me a copy of the receipt & it was packaged very well. Any ways I just wanted to share this with everyone so that they could get a good deal on some wire because bass heads need to look out for each other because this is a part of our life.

I did notice that too about the casing too.

There is a fabric jacket between the wire and rubber jacket. It is purposely designed to slide. You have to remember this stuff is made for welders where the lead may be 4 or 500 feet long. Allowing the cable to slide in the jacket makes it much easier to maneuver.

This is why I posted my review on this forum there are a lot of knowledgeable people here who give good advice & like help others. 

Something to add on is that EB Flex is annealed vs OFC. While this is still better than CCA it is still not OFC, but for the price point that shouldn't matter.

Hell, I'll probably redo the wifes car in this stuff when the time comes if i'm up for the wait. In my case, I have a decent place right around the corner from me that was brought to my attention by a fellow SSA member called 4-star that does 2/0 stage cabling for around 3 bucks/ft and I don't have any wait time. It sure as hell beats sitting around waiting for the ups guy to show.

Edited by nadcicle

I think I'm addicted to getting packages in the mail lol

Oddly, I am the same. When it's Fedex you're like "hell yah", but when it's UPS youre more like "I hope my shit ain't broken" lol

Something to add on is that EB Flex is annealed vs OFC. While this is still better than CCA it is still not OFC, but for the price point that shouldn't matter.

Hell, I'll probably redo the wifes car in this stuff when the time comes if i'm up for the wait. In my case, I have a decent place right around the corner from me that was brought to my attention by a fellow SSA member called 4-star that does 2/0 stage cabling for around 3 bucks/ft and I don't have any wait time. It sure as hell beats sitting around waiting for the ups guy to show.

Just because it has been annealed doesn't mean it hasn't been treated with electricity to reduce oxygen content.

Oddly, I am the same. When it's Fedex you're like "hell yah", but when it's UPS youre more like "I hope my shit ain't broken" lol

I have the more damage with fedex then UPS.lol

Additionally, the anealing makes it easier to work with.

Not even remotely close comparing non-OCF to CCA.  They shouldn't even be in the same sentence... 

I still don't understand why people buy anything but welding cable...

I picked up this info off electron beam tech. FB page

Oxygen free cables for car stereo systems. Are the benefits just a sales
pitch? You decide. EB-flex cables are copper alloy C11000. Read on
Audiophiles, below is from Wikipedia.

C11000 - also known as Electrolytic-Tough-Pitch (ETP). This is the most common copper. It is
universal for electrical applications. ETP has a minimum conductivity
rating of 100% IACS and is required to be 99.9% pure. It has
0.02% to 0.04% oxygen content (typical). Most ETP sold today will meet
or exceed the 101% IACS specification. As with OF copper, silver (Ag)
content is counted as copper (Cu) for purity purposes

C10100 - also known as Oxygen-Free Electronic (OFE). This is a 99.99%pure copper
with 0.0005% oxygen content. It achieves a minimum 101% IACS
conductivity rating. This copper is finished to a final form in a
carefully regulated, oxygen-free environment. Silver (Ag) is considered
an impurity in the OFE chemical specification. This is also the most
expensive of the three grades listed here.

C10200 - also known as Oxygen-Free (OF). While OF is considered oxygen-free, its
conductivity rating is no better than the more common ETP grade below.
It has a 0.001% oxygen content, 99.95% purity and minimum 100% IACS
conductivity. For the purposes of purity percentage, silver (Ag) content
is counted as copper (Cu).