Mike1982

Help with 97-01 camry best sub/port orientation

I have a 99 toyota camry with 2 fi q 12s on a saz 3500v2 I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with camry. I have my subs & port firing to the rear & it is not bad but I was wondering if anyone has had the subs firing forward & port to the side & how it did vs. sub & port to rear. I am having a slot port built right now  just wondering if anyone had gain or improvement doing this in a gen 4 camry. I am just looking for a suggestions I know ultimately I am going to have to just experiment because of all the uncontrollable variables. Here is my question do you think I should go for it & try subs forward port to passenger side or stick with what I know is doing well for me now. I did try firing the subs up & I did not like it at all. 

I have my subs and port in the front and i have it firing inside the cabin and i like it. My brother told me to do the samething your doing to see what sounds the best. I really need a bigger amp lol

Also got any pics or build thread of your setup? Id like to see it

sub and port facing into the cabin sealed off with port on driver's side sounds the best to me. meters pretty well too

Off topic but maybe i can get some help from you guys with camrys what did you guys do for alternators? I got the 2.2L and was going to have my brother upgrade a stock one and send it to me. Did you guys bite the bullet and get a aftermarket one? Also ccnncc99 how did you seal off the opening? Like you i have my 15 firing into the cabin with the port on drivers side

i have an oem 170 one that dc sold me. that's all i was told but it seems to put out power. i pushed the box up as close as it could to the opening and sealed around it with expanding foam

I talked to kyle at dc power & got a 270xp but i have seen some people put the large case gm alternators on to the 2.2 camry i saw it on psi facebook page a while back think it was a singer alternator

If you don't seal completely off then just fire subs and port back. If the trunk is deadened well and rattle won't come into to factor rear firing can flat get down. Ask big John, haha

i originally had it firing back but didn't like it very much. my peak frequency dropped about 10hz turning it around and sealing it off

I talked to kyle at dc power & got a 270xp but i have seen some people put the large case gm alternators on to the 2.2 camry i saw it on psi facebook page a while back think it was a singer alternator

Any pics? Or know what kind of GM alternator it is? Really looking to upgrade my stock one or get a decently priced alternator that wont break the bank. My setup isnt sealed off and i like it firing into the cabin. I guess it takes moving the box around to see what one likes. Port firing on the sides might be worth it to try it.

ccnncc99 is the camry pro here.