swift

79 C30 Dually

Gonna be doing a simple but effective build in my new dually.  I just want a decent sounding setup that doesnt break the bank.

Plans........

Big 3

Pioneer head unit 

Probably JL components (i really liked the C5's I put in another build)

Custom glassed sealed kick panels

4 channel amp on mids/highs 

BC 2000 on sub(s) maybe.... unless I choose a big 4 channel to power it all.

Looking at running a single 12 or two 10's sealed (space very limited),

Sub choices are limited to somewhat shallow subs. I may do the Sundown SD's since I have heard them first hand and they sound ok.

Vehicle and photos of interior

null_zpsb16fb8a5.jpg

null_zpsf00eb413.jpg

null_zps225dfb22.jpg

null_zps899673a3.jpg

Very nice sir :)

DAMN !!! What a Nice Truck !!!

If you EVER decide to sell this truck ... Will you PLEASE let me know !!!

Very nice truck indeed.

good choice (i think) over the other truck.  especially for the working AC/heater.  ain't no body got time to sweat.  look forward to seeing your handy work

:phatyo:

Thanks guys, keeping this budget to 1000 bucks.

I already have a Die Hard plat group 31 going under hood, BC 2000 and all wiring and fuses I could ever need.

So that leaves components, 2 channel amp for them, subs and head unit.

Now I am considering doing 4 Sundown SD10's sealed and run them of the bc2000. I am limited to a shitty slim truck box. They are only 4.75 mounting depth so maybe this is my best choice. Would sound awesome on Rock but unsure about.....

May even try out those sundown Sa6.5 components, alpine type R's or back to the JL C3 series that I know sound good.

Decisions.

Do you need a headunit? It's a budget eater and it off your phone works you'll be able to apply that money elsewhere.

IMO that thing screams for some completely new door panels and that would give you SERIOUS freedom as would running active. Outside is way too trick for the stock interior or stock audio for that matter. I'd be doing a dash and seats if I drove it everyday.

damn that truck is sick can wait to see what you do with it

It is a nice truck, bit the door panels are extremely boring. I would work on a whole new door panel and also kinda dig the JL slims for the subs.

I do need a head unit, trying to decide if I want to spend the money and get another 80prs or stick with one of the cheaper ones.

Doubt I will be doing a lot with the door panels. These are in extremely good shape as is the entire interior for something 34 yrs old. That would be fun but would hurt me down the road when I want to trade again.

Looks like I need to snatch up a IA 4 channel while the prices are good. I assume they have good quality?

That is a serious classic...truck.
I love it.

Don't do too much custom work on it. It looks like it should be kept simple ! Except a rim change ;)  ;)

So much sub for this old car ? Nooooo ! Use one or 2 subs, that should be enough ;)  ;)  ;)  on a good 4 ch amp.

I do need a head unit, trying to decide if I want to spend the money and get another 80prs or stick with one of the cheaper ones.

Doubt I will be doing a lot with the door panels. These are in extremely good shape as is the entire interior for something 34 yrs old. That would be fun but would hurt me down the road when I want to trade again.

Looks like I need to snatch up a IA 4 channel while the prices are good. I assume they have good quality?

Yes IA amps are of great quality, with the sale going on it would make sense to grab one.

Love the truck!  I have a 89 crew cab square dually on 22" Freightliners.  Can't wait to see the build.

I'm sorry I listened to nothing in the thread, just spent the last 10 minutes hating you for owning an AWESOME truck. I'm jealous.

Got my headunit ordered ( Pioneer DEH-X7500HD) great unit for the money btw

4 channel  ( Incriminator 6.4 )

Now I just need to order sub and components. I have roughly 1.5cu to work with here. Looks like a single sealed 12 or two sealed 10's with shallow depth. 

Also looking at going with the Alpine Type R 6.5 components. They sounded good in another build I did. The JL's are becoming alittle more money that I want to spend. 200ish

Still return the h/u? You have a 4 chn amp. A set of $20 woofers and $15 tweeters run active in the right hands will destroy either of those comp sets and save you $...which you may need to apply to the h/u.

Still return the h/u? You have a 4 chn amp. A set of $20 woofers and $15 tweeters run active in the right hands will destroy either of those comp sets and save you $...which you may need to apply to the h/u.

I decided not to use the BC2000 for subs in this truck. I will just run the 4 channel and bridge 2 for the sub and the other can run a front set of components. Thats also the reason for going with the cheaper head unit. I will say for 120 bucks its hard to find a better one. Three 4v preouts, high and low pass filters, 5 band eq, etc. I put one in my brothers car and it is really nice for the money. 

I thought of running the mono amp and using a 4 channel to run active but I have thought over it and really I just want some sounds in it. I may do the bigger nice build in the wagon. Maybe a single X15 and nice active SQL type setup

I wish I could find those JL C5 components like I did 6 months ago. They sounded incredible in that 55 Chevy I did the sealed kick pods in. I'm hoping I can find a similar sound. And those were even ran off the headunit.

Have you ever heard the Arc Audio Arc series components or Hertz HSK-165xl. Don't know what your budget is on components, but the one's I listed are real nice.

I went ahead and ordered the Sundown comps and a SD-12. Figured I would try them out, should be fine for this build.