Sign in to follow this  
alain

Id horns

I've been wanting to try id horn for the longest. Purchase a set months ago they were DOA because of packaging and shipper that was F.... Up. So I decide to contact eric Stevens and order a set and purchase the selenium d2500ti drivers. I read on line that I'll need an adapter ( adf25 1in) I think I was good to go yea right not at all aggravated! Can any one tell how to mount the three hole driver to the id mini horns thanks in advance.

I've been wanting to try id horn for the longest. Purchase a set months ago they were DOA because of packaging and shipper that was F.... Up. So I decide to contact eric Stevens and order a set and purchase the selenium d2500ti drivers. I read on line that I'll need an adapter ( adf25 1in) I think I was good to go yea right not at all aggravated! Can any one tell how to mount the three hole driver to the id mini horns thanks in advance.

Direct quote from parts express from someone doing an identical job.

rating.gif
Great Driver For Image Dynamics Bodies
May 21, 2010
Technical Knowledge:Amateur
Experience With Product:I own it
Value: 
ratingSecondary.gif
Performance: 
ratingSecondary.gif
Features: 
ratingSecondary.gif
Purchased these for use in a car audio application on my Image Dynamics mini horn bodies. These are essentially the same drivers as the Image Dynamics CD Ultra at a fraction of the cost (~$350 with bodies vs $650 for the Image Dynamics Ultras). I am using a pair of the Selenium ADF25-25 (PE # 264-322) horn adapters. They had to be trimmed slightly and holes drilled out for my 2 bolt pattern (there is a template molded into them, you just need to drill them out if you are using anything other then a 3 bolt pattern). Better high end extension then my B&C DE500's at 1/2 the price. Over all great price to performance ratio.

If you get to frustrated you can save me the hassle and just sell the horns, drivers, and adapters to me. :)

Great buy sir.

The new EJS Audio Horns are cheaper than that. Just e-mail Eric and grab the new goodies.

The new EJS Audio Horns are cheaper than that. Just e-mail Eric and grab the new goodies.

Please fill me in cause I just received an email back from him this morning stating all he had was the mini pro's in stock. I asked specifically for everything he carried and specs on them so I can see about what horns I want to use in my future project.

Please fill me in cause I just received an email back from him this morning stating all he had was the mini pro's in stock. I asked specifically for everything he carried and specs on them so I can see about what horns I want to use in my future project.

Whoops. I talked to him a few weeks ago and got quoted pretty good because he knows my boss really well. Maybe he's out already. I'd still wait for em anyway.

The adapters do need a little trimming and tell mounts right on the mini bodies perfectly but my drivers are not treaded so the adapter won't work am I miss something?

The adapters do need a little trimming and tell mounts right on the mini bodies perfectly but my drivers are not treaded so the adapter won't work am I miss something?

I'm not sure what you mean by your driver not beaing threaded? Most d2500ti's are supposed to have a threaded throat on them. Perhaps you got non threaded d2500ti's in which case you would simply mount them straight up without adapters at all.

Take some pics so we can see what you're talking about.

Edited by nadcicle

I'm not sure what you mean by your driver not beaing threaded? Most d2500ti's are supposed to have a threaded throat on them. Perhaps you got non threaded d2500ti's in which case you would simply mount them straight up without adapters at all.

Take some pics so we can see what you're talking about.

that the problem mine doesn't have a throat and it can't be mounted to the horn the diameter of the d2500 is smaller than the two holes on the horn my only solution is ordering the selenium adf 25 and hope it works with the adm 25 and hope it sound good.

Hello Alain ! You're trying horns in the subie ? Good luck with that build.
Need to keep up with the massive bass you have !

Subie no longer have bass nor battery. Move on to the jeep I've recone to 18in and just buy an crossfire xs-8k shit just got serious.lol see you soon bro.

I think I'l make the trip soon, for some shopping and some fun ;)  ;)
I'll let you know !

My good friend (my installer) has just reconed my btl n2 to 15". He will run 2 in his car on the NS-1. He's happy like a little boy !!!

I will sell my DD9515 to get a 15" Zcon soon...I hope so ;)

I need to listen to that Jeep ! The subie was soooo impressive !