Sign in to follow this  

I've been looking into buying a new sub amp for my car. I am in a slow building process as of now I have done the big 3 with 1/0 ofc from xs power and I ordered more wiring to run to the trunk. I am almost done building my amp rack and now I'm trying to decide on what amp to get. I have it done to 3 that I had in mind that run the same power and are supposedly reliable. The 3 that I had in mind are the IA 10.1 or the Sundown SAZ 1200 or the DC 1.2K. The sub I will be ordering is a FI SSD fully loaded. I listen mostly to rap and salsa as far as my music preference goes. I am open to other suggestions as well but I want to hear what people have to say about them as far power output and reliability. I will be upgrading my battery up front to a XS power d4800 and a xs power xp750 in the rear.

Reliability should be similar with all of them. Personally I would run the crescendo bc2000 for less money.

Personal preference is what it will come down to, if it were me either the IA or Sundown

I'd buy IA.

I was leaning towards the IA especially that they have it on sale right now so I don't know. Then I saw some amp test of that new company CT Sounds and they look promising also, but I don't know how reliable they are. I trying to stay under a $400 budget for the amp.

Buy the IA's on sale. CT's are an older board design with a few updates, but pretty much same boards that AT used for awhile.

I was thinking you were asking about the 1500's. Sorry

No problem I was thinking about doing 1500 watts but decided against it.

What about soundquebed amps??? A friend of mine had this and was an awesome amp i loved it! And cheap to well atleast it was about a year and a half ago havent checked to see if the price went up or not though...wouldn't be surprised if it did its a great amp IMO.

Black and blue sale, those amps look awesome for the price right now.

I was considering Soundquebed but I just ordered not even 5 minutes ago the IA amps. I bought the IA 10.1 and the IA 3.4 which honestly they do have a good deal with those prices. If I went with Soundquebed it would have only saved me $10 and there amps are bigger than the IA's.

Now I'm trying to decide if I should go with the FI SSD or the IA LI or the SSA Icon, decisions decisions

They do but I'm only looking to run 1000-1200 watts, I spoke with FI and they told me if I get a fully loaded SSD it would handle 1200 watts no problem

From what I hear the ICONS knock pretty hard and sound amazing. But like your amp choices, all great options.

I was leaning towards the SSD and that is what I think I'm probably going to order but then at the same time I'm kind of anal of having matching gear lol so it bothers me not to get the LI lol

I would go with FI SSD they knock hard and sound awesome and if you want to increase power you can put more power to it no problem.

gear doesn't have to match IMO.  As long as you are proud of the quality both ways..

The SSD or SSA woofer is a better choice IMO because you can order recones straight from the site instead of trying to contact IA exc..

gear doesn't have to match IMO.  As long as you are proud of the quality both ways..

The SSD or SSA woofer is a better choice IMO because you can order recones straight from the site instead of trying to contact IA exc..

This is a good point. And just like OP said, the SSDs do pound

Well like I said I was originally going to order the SSD so that is what I might stick with. Unless you guys think the Icon is the better choice, I can get a fully loaded SSD shipped for $306 or the Icon for $338