Sign in to follow this  

gear doesn't have to match IMO. As long as you are proud of the quality both ways..

The SSD or SSA woofer is a better choice IMO because you can order recones straight from the site instead of trying to contact IA exc..

I'd much rather email IA then deal with Fi's bullshit.

Fi has super long wait times on everything from email responses to recones to drivers..... It's bad. Their product is still great, but customer service is not their forte right now.

Yes, I've had problems on multiple orders.  Try emailing them and get no response and when you finally get a response from them its such a blatant lie it makes you sick.  In my opinion they have some of if not the worst customer service around.  

From a product / customer service stand point of the three companies I would go IA then SSA and a way distant last Fi.

IA gets the lead over SSA because of price right now it would be a little tougher decision with prices closer. You really cant beat the IA prices right now with the B&B sale.

I can't say on how their product is or wait time as I have never ordered from them but as far as email response goes I always get a answer within 24-48 hours

Well I was looking at the lethal injections because of the price, but can they handle 1200 watts

The wait is worth it in my opinion you will be very happy with fi people got to understand people are loving their products because they awesome and at a great price its hard to be a small company trying to keep up with soo many orders and keeping their materials stocked to keep building as orders coming then answering some time consuming stupid! Questions dealing with customers asking on statues on their orders. Its a small company people should understand quality for them is also more important for them then quantity. I dont know about you or others but they wait is worth it and I understand how tough they might have it now and they must be working their asses off to keep everyone happy but they can do soo much in one given day come on now they are humans not machines which means they also got lives and families to be with like everyone else. I will be putting an order for a fi ssd 10" pretty soon to.

gear doesn't have to match IMO. As long as you are proud of the quality both ways..The SSD or SSA woofer is a better choice IMO because you can order recones straight from the site instead of trying to contact IA exc..

I'd much rather email IA then deal with Fi's bullshit.
x2, sounds like someone isn't speaking from experience. I have never had an issue reaching Nick @ IA on phone or email. I have used all three brands and loved them all. Edited by jay-cee

Well guys I ordered the fully loaded SSD. I'll take my chances with them and see how they work out.

Good choice!  If you have any questions for Fi, email first, then come on this forum and post in their section.  If you really have a problem with your order;  it needs to be changed exc. put some effort into contacting them and you will be treated with great value as a customer!  They make a great product but don't run a big operation, and its made in the USA = for a great price!

Fi makes great products : the btl N2 is one of the best subs I've tried and tested. Buuuuuut the customer service was horrific. I've waited for months sometimes. (one order was built 5 months after payments !!!). I live in a foreign country, it is different.

Now I can use a US address and it is much easier.

Good choice on the amp, I hope so. I will be ordering mine in a moment (one 20.1). I run Sundown amps for a few years with absolutely no problem, I only want to try something new in my country.

SSA is great : wonderful products, customer service is amazing. They answer back so quick, I don't even want to ask too much questions because they answer to all of them. Do those guys sleep ?!!!!!!

The Icon on a IA 10.1 : that should be a fantastic combo :)  :)  :)

The black and blue sale looks tempting but there are no specs on the Lethal injections i was looking at

Edited by Billetproof97'

Yeah I called IA and they told me 1-1.25 for ported at 35hz but either way I went with FI

Well my amps just arrived and I must say they are gorgeous lol. Seriously they look really and nice and are heavier than I thought they would be they feel really solid. I also like how compact they are I mean seriously they are compact and the way they came packaged 2 thumps up. It was a box within a box within another box. So we'll see when everything else comes in how they work out.

i have owned a ssd  before  back about 5 years ago. Ran it in a large ported box that was originally made for  memphis mojo..think it was like 5cubes at 32hz. At first it was ran off a us amps Merlin md23 2 channel and when i fried that amp switch to a Memphis 2 channel that was only 400 watts and it was quite the beast. hit a 142 on the dash with term lab. Then only option i has at the time was i had opted for the copper coil..yeah that was back when they were free shipping Fi does make a great product, was actually considering ordering a 18" BL off of them, but just ordered my Death Penalty about a hour ago. i think you would have been fine with just a standard ssd on 1200 watts didn't need to spend the extra on any options unless you are p[planning some major abuse to it, i actually burped mine once using a soundstream xxx6500d which gave it about 4000watts