Carshateme

2009 Pontiac G6 Build

I would strongly recommend you at least fab up a cardboard box before you spill out $$ for one that doesn't fit.  No way I see 39" wide fitting.  Roughly 37" is my max trunk opening width, which does not take into account the narrowing in the bottom corners. 14" was the highest my trunk would allow for the box to slide all the way forward.

Please measure yours with a tape and let me know what you find.

I found that if I remove the back seats and the black trimming around the back seat that I will have just enough room to slide it in there with no problem. I just have to build it and put it through the back door and then slide it in. If not.. I have metal bending tools that I'll use to get it in. It was the same problem I had with my 95' buick. I just took an inch off of each side of the inner trunk and pushed it in the back. Worked like a charm, plus it's extra snug in the back. I will double check everything with the measuring tape when I install my alternator today and make sure, I did it all by eye from the back of the trunk. From what I see, if you remove the black trim, you gain an extra 2-3" of width. I also know about that dip that you are talking about. I put that in my equation when I measured. My box is going to be at the edge right before it dips down, else the box would've been 15" h instead of 14.5". But I shall give you accurate data once I'm done. 

Ok Great!  Glad it fits smile.png    I didnt think the opening from the passenger bay was that big.  I'll look at mine tom.

Yeah, you just gotta turn the box sideways. 

Would you mind snapping a pic of this?  Our trunk openings must be different sizes.

Would you mind snapping a pic of this?  Our trunk openings must be different sizes.

Yes I will. Tomorrow though. It's too dark out and I'm gonna start working on my car this week and hopefully get everything in.  :D

Yes I will. Tomorrow though. It's too dark out and I'm gonna start working on my car this week and hopefully get everything in.  biggrin.png

My apologizes. I've been a little busy. Had to take my car in 3 times already for the service tire light and some other small problems. I also have been extremely busy with physical therapy.  I've also been spending a lot of time with my girl.  I will try to remember to do it tomorrow..but no guarantees! 

Edited by Carshateme

Okay, This week is the week. Hopefully everything goes as well as I want it to (which rarely it does). Goal is to have EVERYTHING installed, tuned out, running and everything. I'm not going to like the gas bill considering I'm traveling a round trip of 40miles to a buddy of mine's house to help me out due to the 3 bad discs in my back. In case he sees this, I thank you man for helping me out. Plenty of pictures will be taken of all the work. We shall see if I have to chop my trunk up or not...either way..this box is getting in my trunk lol. I can't take not having any bass in my car anymore. Stay tuned. Starting tomorrow @ around 3pm will have pictures uploaded at the end of the day tomorrow...hopefully

have we been dooped? shrug.gif

No. Some stuff will be done tonight and it will be all finished and installed on Friday. Don't want to rush it and mess up.

Okay, here we are. Due to the fact that it was way to cold out, we got a little done. Here's the pictures (Sorry for the delay, but yesterday was Thanksgiving)

Stuff is unpacked in the garage and ready to get put into the vehicle (Yes everything is on something, battery is on a sheet of deadener, same as the speakers)

o0cp.jpg

tqn3.jpg

Back seat was a breeze getting out. BTW, Does anyone want about 1/2 lb of sand...lmao. Found this under the seat...a lot of sand; Might keep it in there..might add a few deebeez

wcao.jpg

jhir.jpg

Started doing the trunk. The spare wheel well is so thin..when we put the battery in it..thought the battery was going to fall through the metal. Car also dipped down 3/4"...might need to get some better springs.

ao7u.jpg

uy3y.jpg
aba4.jpg

Started ripping the doors aparts. Found out some good news. The 8" midbass will fit in there, no problem, with no fiberglassing needed. Just have to cut out the holes in the door panel.. bottom part will stick out maybe 1/2" Nothing that can't be covered.

7hox.jpg

Ran the 1/0 gauge power wire though a small hole in the firewall (where the hood latch cable goes through. Put a lot of silicone around it..damn car smells horrible sad.png

20ya.jpg
6uri.jpg

Here's goremastercustomaudio from SMD putting in the silicone.

b9o4.jpg

I jumped in to overkill it with silicone lol...can't have any water getting in.

8ooe.jpg

Now the wood is getting cut TODAY. and everything is hopefully going in the car today as well. biggrin.png

Edited by Carshateme

Okay. We're all done! Most of the credit goes to GoreMasterCustomAudio from SMD; without his expertise and help...I would've never got this build done.

Here's the rest of the pictures:

I didn't feel like fiberglassing the panels..would've taken way to long..but down the road I will. But they sound awesome where they're positioned now.

vnpq.jpg

tq43.jpg

ghl2.jpg

xo0q.jpg

ue0u.jpg

3vll.jpg

Here's the box construction...now for those who said it wouldn't fit..you're exactly right. We had to pound around at the corner pieces inside the cab to get the box to slide in. Even then..they had to kick the box in and build the top inside the trunk.

wnub.jpg

0jup.jpg

nvzg.jpg

ttkf.jpg

zzoq.jpg

tlzu.jpg

wz29.jpg

Subwoofers in the box. They were awfully heavy.

k3b4.jpg

GoreMasterCustomAudio tuning the Rockford 3.sixty.3 processor

ce72.jpg

This is what the back looks like all done. Thanks to GoreMasterCustomAudio. Looks pretty damn clean for a rush job.

m42c.jpg

7djx.jpg

wxp7.jpg

Installed my volt meter.

Car off:

2rqj.jpg

Car on:

5pi6.jpg

The system sounds awesome! Needs some deadener on the roof...everything rattles inside the car :( I got some flex going on my rear window. We blew the tweeters right off the bat when we turned the amps on..so I got to buy some better ones. Fake floor and amp rack will be added later on. Going to have a buddy of mine put his termlab on my system to see what I'm hitting on the meter. I believe the system can do hairtricks at .5ohms. Unfortunately my car doesn't like that, so the subs are at 2ohms currently until I get more batteries or recone the subs with d4s and make em run at 1 ohm.

Edited by Carshateme

Will be tearing a lot of stuff out of the back..there is something rattling back there and it's quite annoying and I know it's coming from somewhere on the rear stage. I took my 6x9s out so nothing is there. so I'm completely lost on where the annoying rattling is coming from

look like the enclosure came out nice

look like the enclosure came out nice

Indeed it did. I love it. Just gotta bondo some stuff to make it look pretty

Rattle is probably the vent/vents somewhere behind trunk trim.

I dont have the same car but it has been noted for mine.

Possibility.

Lookin good

Like the kerfed port...looks awesome.

Rattle is probably the vent/vents somewhere behind trunk trim.

I dont have the same car but it has been noted for mine.

Possibility.

Lookin good

Thank you. Yeah, it's heavy on both sides, so what you just said may be the cause. I nailed it down. It rattles bad when I hit around 36-40hz. The low notes don't even cause it to rattle...whatever it is. So that being said, I'm going to check those vents as well as foam the hell out of the back rear deck (The metal beam going across the top of the opening of the trunk)

Like the kerfed port...looks awesome.

Thank you sir! First time doing a kerf. Must say. I love it as well.

Problem: amp. Sub amp just randomly stop working. Won't power up or nothing. Took it out of the car and have it in my roomvto see if the temperature killed it. I opened it up and it doesn't look like anything is fried or loose. So if it doesn't power up once I get back home....I'm lost