intrevic

Subwoofer box question

Just had a simple question is it better to do a slot port box or one that uses an aero port

It's a matter of listening preferences. Some say Aero ports are better on the numbers. Some say it isn't. I've always done slotted ports. They're easier to build and sound perfect to me. It's all about trial and error man.

Slotted ports take more space, while aero ports are good for space conserving. In my experience, they're a pain to calculate...but that's because I never deal with them. 

Edited by Carshateme

6 of one half dozen the other . A port is a port as long as it has enough area/shape to be effective.

I was just wondering because I've seen them and just wondered if they has a different purpose.

I saw that there is a guy called Dave the box and I was wondering if anyone has tried his boxes

Round ports put out round waves and sound better.  Slot ports put out square waves and when they combine with the round waves from the subs, they sound trapezoidal.

Round ports put out round waves and sound better.  Slot ports put out square waves and when they combine with the round waves from the subs, they sound trapezoidal.

orly3.gif

orly3.gif

orly3.gif

orly3.gif

I saw that there is a guy called Dave the box and I was wondering if anyone has tried his boxes

Yes, he's creditable. I know alot of people who will recommend him. You also have PWKdesigns...which take weeks to answer your SR...and ramdesigns which will respond asap.

LOL, that's awesome.

I almost shot beer through my nose.

Edited by cobra93

I would say personal preference because you can flare a slot ports as well fill in all the corners with a 45 degree angles and move alot of air and have a very clean sound wave like the aero ports.

Yes, he's creditable. I know alot of people who will recommend him. You also have PWKdesigns...which take weeks to answer your SR...and ramdesigns which will respond asap.

I would not recommend pwk. I have seen a few of his designs and they were poorly done.

I would not recommend pwk. I have seen a few of his designs and they were poorly done.

Yeah, I just put it down...for shits and giggles. I wouldn't recommend him either...just due to the fact that he takes a BUTT load of time to respond.

A lot of people would be much happier if I still built boxes. Couple of local dealers have been bugging me to invest in a cnc

A lot of people would be much happier if I still built boxes. Couple of local dealers have been bugging me to invest in a cnc

Shipping them out costs way too much lol

My issue is I don't have any where to cut all the materials which is why I was thinking of paying someone