EddieC

Question on my electrical.....

Serious issue going on with my system, and I know it's gotta be my electrical..... just need some advice on where to go. I've only had my system in since April, and I've noticed at times that my front stage will suddenly begin losing treble, then volume. I turn it down and it recovers pretty quickly, within a minute..... but will do it again if turned back up. I have not upgraded the electric at all.... was hoping I wouldn't need to being that I'm not pushing a lot of wattage. Amp is a Kenwwod7005PS 5 channel..... manual says it pulls 56 amps. I'm guessing my Scion xB 80 amp alt just isn't enough...... but would doing a big 3 help this??? (I have some 4 ga left over from the amp install that I guess would have to be better than what's there now.) Now that it's getting cool it seems to happen more often with the heat running. And if a bigger alternator is needed, would grabbing one of the 160 amp reman'd ones from ebay suffice? I'm never gonna be pushing big power, and don't want to spend $400 on one when a $150 one would do the job (especially with 2 kids and Christmas around the corner). Thanks in advance guys.

Are you running a passive component set? A while back I had kind of the same issue. I was over driving my component set. Had to turn some of my settings down. I ended up selling the vehicle and didn't fool with it much before. List what speakers your using

No components..... but here could be another factor to consider. I'm running Polk dB525s rear and dB651s up front from the amp. However I'm running a set of Kicker 11DS40s in the dash off the head unit. They are usually the first I hear drop out. I've been planning on changing my speakers to a component set up front and dropping the rears.... bridging the amp to 100x2 vs 40x4. I know that will sound better in the long run anyways since I can barely notice the rears.

But....should I expect an 80 amp alt be enough for everything anyways? Or am I hoping for too much....

I was running an aq 1200 and an sax125.4 on my stock 90 amp alt with no issues. I did upgrade my starting battery to a good agm and did the big 3. I would start with the big three since you have extra cable and if the problem persists go from there. Either way big 3 is always a good idea so if it doesn't fix the problem at least you will have it done. :)

I was running an aq 1200 and an sax125.4 on my stock 90 amp alt with no issues. I did upgrade my starting battery to a good agm and did the big 3. I would start with the big three since you have extra cable and if the problem persists go from there. Either way big 3 is always a good idea so if it doesn't fix the problem at least you will have it done. smile.png

Yeah....gonna try that this weekend (time permitting) and see how it does. Keeping fingers crossed.....