Anyone here has experience with these head units. I've only owned pioneer so don't know how reliable the JVC's are. The model I was looking at is the KW - AV71BT

I can't speak from direct experience...since the last JVC unit I had was a tape deck with a cd changer.....But i have always liked their head units.  I always consider them...but somehow always end up buyin Pioneer.

I actually own a 2013 JVC headunit, the KD-X250BT. I love it. I was skeptical considering I've only ever used Eclipse headunits, but I have fallen in love with it.  Super easy to set up, and overall a decent build quality.

i have last years headunit JVC-KW-AV70BT haven`t had any trouble with it yet only thing i didnt like was when i got it i noticed sub output was mono had to use a splitter but other then that its a good headunit

All I run is JVC.  My KD-720 is still running to this day in a friend's car.  I bought it back in 2006..

I have JVC Arsenal KD-A845BT installed in my truck.  I enjoy it, but compared to older/other head units I have owned in my past, it is very difficult to see in the day light.  I had an old pioneer that was visible in DIRECT sunlight.  The menus are somewhat counter-intuitive, but able to be worked with.  Bluetooth is easy to setup and fast to connect upon start up of my truck.  

I'm really leaning on buying it especially for the price. Crutchfield has it for $450 Sonic has it for $330 but then online car stereo has it for $300 with a black Friday discount I can get it for $280

I have JVC Arsenal KD-A845BT installed in my truck.  I enjoy it, but compared to older/other head units I have owned in my past, it is very difficult to see in the day light.  I had an old pioneer that was visible in DIRECT sunlight.  The menus are somewhat counter-intuitive, but able to be worked with.  Bluetooth is easy to setup and fast to connect upon start up of my truck.  

Daylight viewing is not an issue at all with the new "white" screens. The lettering is white, background is black.  I can see the words no matter what the outside light situation is.

Kenwood recently acquired jvc. The quality has been upped significantly, I've installed a ton of the double sins and I've seen zero come back with issues, they only really lack features in comparison to the Kenwood unit's

Kenwood recently acquired jvc. The quality has been upped significantly, I've installed a ton of the double sins and I've seen zero come back with issues, they only really lack features in comparison to the Kenwood unit's

And I had a Kenwood double din navi receiver, i will never own one ever again.  had nothing but issues with it.

Sucks Kenwood is an excellent brand. I've owned alpine Kenwood Pioneer jvc and by far my favorites were kenwood or jvc made

I recently bought the JVC KD-A95BT and I'm really happy with it. Great interface and super easy to understand everything. Love the looks and layout of the faceplate, along with all of the options it comes with. I've bought a few JVC decks now, been happy with all of them.

Well I decided against putting in a radio apparently if I do I lose my steering wheel controls and aux and iPod input. So does anyone know of a good line converter or adapter that would allow me to connect my amps with the factory radio

Well I decided against putting in a radio apparently if I do I lose my

steering wheel controls and aux and iPod input. So does anyone know of a

good line converter or adapter that would allow me to connect my amps

with the factory radio

You should be able to find a head unit with all those capabilites. Back when I was shopping five years ago I found a few that could connect to steering wheel controls.

Why not get a PAC unit to control the aftermarket HU with?  Here's a link to the model you need for your vehicle and for the JVC HU you're looking at.  It's additional cost to the HU but for the price Sonic has that HU at including installation accessories I think it would be well worth it to pick up the HU and the PAC adapter to keep your steering wheel controls.

LINK

well I spoke with crutchfield and Sonic Electronix and they told me that there is no adapter for my car for the steering wheel

Directly from PAC Audio's website for a 2013 Hyundai Sonata, unless the one you have listed with your info isn't the car you're trying to put a HU in.

PAC Steering Wheel Control Interfaces

I will be definitely looking into this when u get out of work and I have to see what I do with the radio kit because the site pieces that are for the vents are black and mines are black brushed aluminum

Another KD-A95BT owner here. Came from Pioneer's 2012 non-nav flagship double-DIN and the difference in SQ is night and day. I'm kinda sad that I don't get as flexible an EQ (5-band vs 8-band graphic), but SQ is great when run flat anyway. I would recommend a bass knob for your sub stage, though, as sub level is kind of buried in the menu system. That being said, you do get a lot of sound tweaks like Time Alignment (which has presets for different vehicle types...in my car it's pretty accurate for a medium sedan) and the preset EQ settings aren't too god-awfully boosted. IMO, it would be worth it trying to figure out how to integrate it into the Hyundai. You do get a BT mic and 2A USB plug for fast charging of your devices.

See I have all that already and my iPod charges and plays under the radio I'll post a pic later so everything looks real clean so I'm I still going to be able to use my factory Bluetooth or the one that comes with the JVC

See I have all that already and my iPod charges and plays under the radio I'll post a pic later so everything looks real clean so I'm I still going to be able to use my factory Bluetooth or the one that comes with the JVC

You'll have to use the unit that comes with the JVC which comes in the form of a USB dongle. You get two USB cables, but one will be occupied with the dongle. As far as I understand, there aren't a whole lot (if any) aftermarket units that will allow you to keep the stock BT setup.

Well that sucks because on the steering wheel I have the button for the volume to skip songs or stations I have a button to make a call end a call a button to turn on or off the radio and a button to communicate with the car by telling her to switch stations or to call someone for me

The Pac module will work however you may or may not lose the bt abilities sometimes they work sometimes they don't I've installed many in the sonatas and the volume controls Remain, if you have your doubts have a reputable shop do it, it can be rather complicated.

And if the pac one won't work the axxess one will