intrevic

RCA's recommendation

Well I ordered all my wiring last week when I ordered my amps and forgot to order the RCA's any one have any good recommendations of are they all pretty much the same

I have ran a few different sets from knu with no trouble.

Mono price was recommend by nem on her to me and I have no complaints since install. And good price.

I like my Rockfords and Tsunami much better than the expensive Knu ones I had. They were so tight you almost need pliers for remove them, lol.

I too can say I've not had any issues with all the KNU one's I've used which is all but the most expensive sets.  Used the Klarity series in my co-worker's son's truck, the Karma SS series in the Jimmy and the Krystal series in the van all without any issues.

I have used the NVX brand and have had good results with them.

They're all pretty much the same. Which is one of the reasons people often recommend monoprice. 

Just because I got a great price on them, I'm pretty happy with my Audio Technix Premium RCAs. Definitely a bit more reinforced with techflex and rubber sleeves at both ends. I do like how the caps are removable for field-servicing as well. Do I think they're worth what AT wants for them now? I guess that's up to the buyer.

I've also been recommended Vampire cables from www.vampirewire.com. Again, about 20 bucks each, but they have more options on length if you're looking for something specific. I've sen confirmed reports on about six installs now of zero noise transmission through the cables where it used to be a MAJOR issue (and that was running Tsunami, Rockford, and Monster).

I will have to look into the Monoprice. Being basically an hour away, any regular order becomes an overnight one :D

Lol I've never heard of monoprice and I just looked them up and I can get the cables for $6 shipped is this legit

Lol I've never heard of monoprice and I just looked them up and I can get the cables for $6 shipped is this legit

Definitely. I've only ever bought my HDMI cables and RCAs for HT use from them. Have one of their $25 wall mounts holding up a 64" Samsung plasma like a champ. yes, they're legit.

Even with their premium RCA's it's cost $24 shipped and I was going to pay $70 for the Rockford

I feel like still ordering something else I feel like the mono price is too cheap and the quality ain't there

I feel like still ordering something else I feel like the mono price is too cheap and the quality ain't there

Would it help if I told you they build out of the same house that makes Monster equipment?

I've gotten to play with some from mono price and they are not cheap feeling at all. I always find myself needing extra RCA's almost all the time so I don't see anything wrong with getting a couple sets and going with what you feel is better after you get a chance to look at them.

It does and it doesn't how many people do you know that run monster wires I don't know one so I can't say if they are any good

It does and it doesn't how many people do you know that run monster wires I don't know one so I can't say if they are any good

Yeah...with a response like that, I'm out.

Hey I meant no disrespect at all I literally don't know anyone who runs them honestly. Everyone I know and the shops around here have stinger and kicker or Rockford for wiring. Sorry if you took it as of I was been an ass. But that's why I said it does mean something cause I'm taking y'all word that they are good. Also all I see is people taking about knu or Rockford or sky high online

Edited by intrevic

Hey I meant no disrespect at all I literally don't know anyone who runs them honestly. Everyone I know and the shops around here have stinger and kicker or Rockford for wiring. Sorry if you took it as of I was been an ass. But it that's why I said it does mean something cause I'm taking y'all word that they are good. Also ask I see is people taking about knu or Rockford or sky high

Forgive me. I'm on forums where people try to start flame wars because they haven't heard of a particular brand. Monster was basically like AudioQuest is now: one of those brands being pimped out by BestBuy and other Big Box stores. The quality is there, but the price point is far above what they're actually worth.

Try not to get caught up in the game of the prettier the cable, the better it performs. I have those Monoprice Premium RCAs (cost me a whopping 6 bucks) plugged in my HT receiver right now. Zero noise, fat wire used inside and nice insulation, and the outer casing shows no signs of failure, even after five years of being installed. I have no reservations recommending them.

Well I'll give them a shot they do look nice in the pics. I guess worst thing is I spent $20 and didn't waste $70 like I would have with the Rockford

Well I'll give them a shot they do look nice in the pics. I guess worst thing is I spent $20 and didn't waste $70 like I would have with the Rockford

Bingo. If you had ordered an hour ago, they would have shipped it today, too.

Well I just got out of work it's no big deal I'll order it when I get home

As long as the RCA end has solid connects you will never hear the difference between a 3 dollar and 30 dollar RCA cable.

Well I did have a question before I ordered the RCA's aren't they suppose to be twisted to avoid noise or is this bs and like you said they all work the same and it sucks that I have to order 3 rca's since they don't sell a 4 channel