intrevic

RCA's recommendation

It's all marketing BS. Yes when when wires are ran at 90 degree angles the "noise" that is carried with the signal is canceled. All of this comes from an era of rotary distributors on vihicles that induced engine noise and ground loops. As long as there aren't any mechanical issues or shorts in the rcas you are using you will never know the difference. This is coming from 12 years experience everything from everything of dual band pass 12's to 75k installs in range rovers.

If I've got the room, I just use RG-6. Our shop has enough to loop around the city twice, so I just grab what I need, cut to length and solder RCA tips on em. There's a million of those around too, so it costs me nearly nothing lol.

Well I did have a question before I ordered the RCA's aren't they suppose to be twisted to avoid noise or is this bs and like you said they all work the same and it sucks that I have to order 3 rca's since they don't sell a 4 channel

Twisted pair doesn't mean shit for an unbalanced signal transmission, which is what 99.99% of car audio equipment uses including yours.

Shielding is useful in an automobile environment. Twisted is not.

I can vouche for monoprice as well. I shop there often.

Well I ordered yesterday so we'll see when it gets here but on another note I was planning on running the RCA's down the center console or should I go with the usual down the through the doors

I have to be honest I'm still undecided on the radio. I want one but between losing a few of my features and the fact that the radio kit doesn't match the rest of the car is annoying me. I was planning on buying a audio control lc7 not really sure how good those are but they do have a lot of good reviews

Edited by intrevic

Fair warning, they are kind of thick and aren't as flexible.

Fair warning, they are kind of thick and aren't as flexible.

LMAO

no doubt, I was gonna say the only ones I ever messed with were Senchez's and they were not flexible at all. In a big SPL build I think they would be fine. But in a tight install they would suck