joe79

The new Death Penalty

Does anyone have any experience with the new DP's. I am interested, possibly looking at a 15", eventually dual 15". I am running a xcon 18 now and it bangs. Well if you have heard them or have them please let me know how they stand up.

Won't know for a while, but I have a new 18" DP that should be here any day now that I ordered right when the Black & Blue started up. From what I've seen, they're just as beastly as they were before.

GRRRREAT!

I did some research into this before I bought my New Judge's. For 2013 they added another magnet wedge in which helps make the motor stronger than before so in theory it should be louder and handle more power than previously

Looking forward to the experience.

I myself am in limbo as to which to order the xcon or the death penalty but cant find anyone who has actually heard the new dps

I just sold my xcon. It was a beast! I just want to have heard what peaks my interest. But as far as Xcons go, they can hit hard and low.

how did you like your death row? was it comparable to your xcon?

he hasn't recieved it yet.  just placed the order.  I bought his xcon.

Going to be a while before I can compare it to the Xcon. Have to break her in slowly, then I will be able to see how she performs........slayer.gif

Not downing the xcon at all but the zcon would be more comparable to the Death Penalty. If you are trying to decide between the xcon and the death penalty, go with the death penalty. You won't be disappointed. The new death penalty has more motor strength, better cooling, and a better coil than the previous model death penalty.

I myself am in limbo as to which to order the xcon or the death penalty but cant find anyone who has actually heard the new dps

Go for the DP!

so anyone know the enclosure specs for the 18" death penalty? I seen the thread from 09 but figured they might have changed a little bit since then

I don't have a clue. BUT you could start with by calling IA.