Heisenberg

First post. Question about soundqubed

Hey everyone, new on this forum but not really new to car audio, I have a question regarding soundqubed's amplifiers. I am stuck between getting a 2200 and the 3500. But I have heard rumors that the 2200 has problems, shares parts with the hifonix brand things like that.

The 3500 has its downsides too though such as requiring very stiff voltage, and being that much more of a bummer if I lose it to vibration, moisture, life kinda things.

Should I save up for the 3500? Or buy the 2200 and strap them in the future if I want more powe.

Thank you for your input

Shares board? Yes. Shares parts is where things get fuzzy. Haven't heard any complaints from people running a 2200, but what's your budget/power demand/desired ohm load for your project?

Where at do you live, Seattle or Portland? I know a guy selling a 2200 in Centralia.

buy used. sundown or crescendo FTW. or find a blown sundown for cheap and send it to db-r. thats what i did and i've got about $152 invested in a sundown saz-1500

Blah I don't want any Maxxsonics BS in my car. The 3500 surely dosent, does it? Even if the 2200 is built differently why...why Maxxsonics. Maxxsonics is the worst.

Your reasoning is broken. What's so horrible about maxxsonics? What parts were you told they share? What if sundown shared the same part on their 1500?

Its all korean made amplifiers same shit different asshole (lump American Bass, B2, DD, the list goes on). Slightly different parts, same shit made in korea for pennies on the dollar.

Yeah, there ain't anything wrong with Hifonics. Hell, I'd run their amps. The BRZ series does rated and makes a pretty good sub amp at a cheap price.

Your reasoning is broken. What's so horrible about maxxsonics? What parts were you told they share? What if sundown shared the same part on their 1500?

Maxxsonics gear is uncharacteristically powerhungry form their output. They seem very inefficient for their power output. Having to crank on the bass know anytime you want any real movement just gets old.

I mean there's no debating the prices, Mbquart, hifonic's they got that thing going on for them for sure.

Edited by Heisenberg

Budget for the amp: $1k (dependent on its power)

@1Ohm

Memphis? DC Audio? Sundown? Soundqubed? Soundstream? 

Help me out guys 

what do you suggest

what kind of power do you need?

I want a big fat D class, one I wont have to replace with a bigger one in 3 years, or because it broke.

I want in the 3000 watt rms range. but will come down if the circumstances call for it(really impressive features, flawless reliablity, Rarity, anything like that) 

Its just tempting to get the AQ 3500.1   I mean, who can say no to 4200 watts rms at 14.4 volts-1 Ohm for $800 shipped.

but thats why I came to you guys.

I want a big fat D class, one I wont have to replace with a bigger one in 3 years, or because it broke.

I want in the 3000 watt rms range. but will come down if the circumstances call for it(really impressive features, flawless reliablity, Rarity, anything like that) 

Its just tempting to get the AQ 3500.1   I mean, who can say no to 4200 watts rms at 14.4 volts-1 Ohm for $800 shipped.

Actually, that's quite expensive, but i can't say anything until next year.

If you want impressive features, look at Incriminator Audio or CT Sounds for the time being.

CT sounds and impressive features do not belong in the same sentence. Really if you look at the SSA store, you can't go wrong with any of those brands. What ohm load do you need power at?

I would be jumping on that IA 40.1 if I was in the market to spend 1k on a amp. 

If you want impressive features, look at Incriminator Audio or CT Sounds for the time being.

Havnt you had problems with a 2200? i found a thread somebody saying "wont buy SQ after the fiasco that shizzon had) whats that about

Also, in what way is the 3500 expensive? cause its new? cause I haven't seen an equivalently powerful amp in that range anywhere. (that wasn't used)

Edited by Heisenberg

If memory serves me correctly, there was a razorblade under the board causing allot of problems.

Havnt you had problems with a 2200? i found a thread somebody saying "wont buy SQ after the fiasco that shizzon had) whats that about

Also, in what way is the 3500 expensive? cause its new? cause I haven't seen an equivalently powerful amp in that range anywhere. (that wasn't used)

I had a aq2200d powering two 15" D4 Fi ssd subs for over a year and never had a problem with it. 

It was in a jeep liberty and I hit just over 148 db with it and it never got more than warm.

Its expensive in the sense of what you all are going to see next year.

But for right now, pricing is normal for what the market is used to.

One of my aq2200ds bout 5yrs ago had a piece of metal grounding out the inputs inside brand new.

Also, first time I bought an hd3 from aq before, they internally shorted the coils.

Lack of QC.. no thanks.

Im sticking with companies now who actually build their own products rather than having someone else build it for them.

I must say.. I cant get everything from companies who build their own stuff.. but those who I trust deeply, I'll work with them.

One of my aq2200ds bout 5yrs ago had a piece of metal grounding out the inputs inside brand new.

Also, first time I bought an hd3 from aq before, they internally shorted the coils.

Lack of QC.. no thanks.

Im sticking with companies now who actually build their own products rather than having someone else build it for them.

oh dude you cant do that to me. Can you at least give me a timeframe that I should have my eyes open? what company I should be keeping an eye on? I have been saving this money for a year and a half.

month- or months that new additions will be added to the market?

Lack of QC.. no thanks.

I have run over a dozen aq amps and not one problem.