Heisenberg

First post. Question about soundqubed

Its expensive in the sense of what you all are going to see next year.

But for right now, pricing is normal for what the market is used to.

One of my aq2200ds bout 5yrs ago had a piece of metal grounding out the inputs inside brand new.

Also, first time I bought an hd3 from aq before, they internally shorted the coils.

Lack of QC.. no thanks.

Im sticking with companies now who actually build their own products rather than having someone else build it for them.

oh dude you cant do that to me. Can you at least give me a timeframe that I should have my eyes open? what company I should be keeping an eye on? I have been saving this money for a year and a half.

month- or months that new additions will be added to the market?

Within a few months (maybe 3-4). Things are getting finished up for shizzzon.

One of my aq2200ds bout 5yrs ago had a piece of metal grounding out the inputs inside brand new.

Also, first time I bought an hd3 from aq before, they internally shorted the coils.

Lack of QC.. no thanks.

Im sticking with companies now who actually build their own products rather than having someone else build it for them.

oh dude you cant do that to me. Can you at least give me a timeframe that I should have my eyes open? what company I should be keeping an eye on? I have been saving this money for a year and a half.

does he have his own company? Im trying to get myself in the loop as much as possible.

Edited by Heisenberg

Lack of QC.. no thanks.

does he have his own company? Im trying to get myself in the loop as much as possible.

No he's a dealer. But I don't know how much I can say or what so pm him. Let's just say I'm not goin with IA and going with this company.

Lack of QC.. no thanks.

I have run over a dozen aq amps and not one problem.

I didn't mention just amps, but subs too.

They should have never started their company when they did..  They were too amateur when they started.. 

Then they publicly announced they would never do a large competition amp.. yet they brought out the AQ20k.. I can't tell what to make of them.

Then they started selling Stetsom on their website.. 

That would be like going to Fi's website and buying Tantric subs.

It wouldn't make sense.

Like other companies, it's their business ethic that's in question.

Way back when I first started Audioque, we have been in business over 11 years, I sold Shizzon a HDC3 and two AQ2200D amps. At that time we built the subs in house and machined our own motors. We QCed every sub and amp before shipping but as luck would have it Shizzon's sub had a dead coil when it arrived at Sizzon's. I had him send the sub back to us and we found that a lead wire had come in contact with the basket and shorted out. We were using "direct connect" leads and the clearance between the lead wire and basket spider landing was very tight and we found the lead wire on that  sub could come into contact with the basket if the sub was subject to being handled rough or bounced around in shipping. We corrected the problem on the production line by encasing the lead wire with insulation in the area of the spider landing and sent Sizzon a new sub under our warranty.. We received no more complaints from Sizzon regarding the sub. That was the one and only sub to have that problem.

In addition I wanted to know what allowed this defect to happen to begin with. I found that the basket we were using was difficult to work with in the production process regarding the placement of the  "direct connect" lead wires. The best fix was to change to a new basket design which took care of the problem. The HDC3 series sub has proven itself to be a very reliable and durable sub over the past 11 years and has set many records in competition. We continue to upgrade the sub with the latest improvements as they become available. We use the best parts and production methods money can buy. We service what we sell and offer drop in recones for all of our subs at very reasonable prices.

We also sold Sizzon two of our AQ2200D amps from the very first production run. When I decided to get in the amp business I relied on what I had learned from the Digital Designs side of our business. I went to what I thought was the best  Korean amp manufacture available. I wanted to begin with two class D mono amps. One in the 1200 watt range and one in the 2000-2500 watt range. I gave them an open check book. I insisted on the very best of parts, heavy heatsink tooled to our design, and for each amp to have a factory "burn in". It's expensive to have amps made like this but we were "factory direct" sales only and had no "middle men" to pay so manufacturing price was not a problem. We could pay for the best and still sell at very affordable prices.

We offered the AQ2200D at a very good price and the first run of 200 AQ2200D's sold like hot cakes. Out of this first run of 200 amps we had only two amps come back and as luck would have it they both were Sizzon's. That was a long time ago and to be honest I don't remember all the details but I do remember the amps went back and forth a couple of times with Sizzon claiming the amps were defective and our repair person claiming it was enduser problem. We repaired the amps and or replaced them.

Long story short Sizzon was not happy. I did the best I could to make him happy, told him the short in the sub was our fault and replaced or fixed the amps. He has bad mouthed us on many occasions and the story gets better each time I read it. Truth is we sold him a sub that was defective, we replaced it. We sold him two amps which when we got them back from him were toast. We replaced them. I will assume they were defective when he got them.

Our family has been building subs both as an OEM builder for others or building our own products for over 25 years; we are not new kids on the block. We try our best to make the customer happy but every now and then it's impossible. If we make a mistake all we can do is admit it and try to make it right. We do our best to make sure it doesn't happen again.

dj

Way back when I first started Audioque, we have been in business over 11 years, I sold Shizzon a HDC3 and two AQ2200D amps. At that time we built the subs in house and machined our own motors. We QCed every sub and amp before shipping but as luck would have it Shizzon's sub had a dead coil when it arrived at Sizzon's. I had him send the sub back to us and we found that a lead wire had come in contact with the basket and shorted out. We were using "direct connect" leads and the clearance between the lead wire and basket spider landing was very tight and we found the lead wire on that  sub could come into contact with the basket if the sub was subject to being handled rough or bounced around in shipping. We corrected the problem on the production line by encasing the lead wire with insulation in the area of the spider landing and sent Sizzon a new sub under our warranty.. We received no more complaints from Sizzon regarding the sub. That was the one and only sub to have that problem.

In addition I wanted to know what allowed this defect to happen to begin with. I found that the basket we were using was difficult to work with in the production process regarding the placement of the  "direct connect" lead wires. The best fix was to change to a new basket design which took care of the problem. The HDC3 series sub has proven itself to be a very reliable and durable sub over the past 11 years and has set many records in competition. We continue to upgrade the sub with the latest improvements as they become available. We use the best parts and production methods money can buy. We service what we sell and offer drop in recones for all of our subs at very reasonable prices.

We also sold Sizzon two of our AQ2200D amps from the very first production run. When I decided to get in the amp business I relied on what I had learned from the Digital Designs side of our business. I went to what I thought was the best  Korean amp manufacture available. I wanted to begin with two class D mono amps. One in the 1200 watt range and one in the 2000-2500 watt range. I gave them an open check book. I insisted on the very best of parts, heavy heatsink tooled to our design, and for each amp to have a factory "burn in". It's expensive to have amps made like this but we were "factory direct" sales only and had no "middle men" to pay so manufacturing price was not a problem. We could pay for the best and still sell at very affordable prices.

We offered the AQ2200D at a very good price and the first run of 200 AQ2200D's sold like hot cakes. Out of this first run of 200 amps we had only two amps come back and as luck would have it they both were Sizzon's. That was a long time ago and to be honest I don't remember all the details but I do remember the amps went back and forth a couple of times with Sizzon claiming the amps were defective and our repair person claiming it was enduser problem. We repaired the amps and or replaced them.

Long story short Sizzon was not happy. I did the best I could to make him happy, told him the short in the sub was our fault and replaced or fixed the amps. He has bad mouthed us on many occasions and the story gets better each time I read it. Truth is we sold him a sub that was defective, we replaced it. We sold him two amps which when we got them back from him were toast. We replaced them. I will assume they were defective when he got them.

Our family has been building subs both as an OEM builder for others or building our own products for over 25 years; we are not new kids on the block. We try our best to make the customer happy but every now and then it's impossible. If we make a mistake all we can do is admit it and try to make it right. We do our best to make sure it doesn't happen again.

dj

Dj, your the man.

I say go for the 3500, I have 6 of them so I can't complain one bit. 

I also have the SQ2200, run it on stock electrical in my kia on a HDC4 15.  It slams smile.png

Edited by AMI CUSTOMS

I say go for the 3500, I have 6 of them so I can't complain one bit. 

I also have the SQ2200, run it on stock electrical in my kia on a HDC4 15.  It slams smile.png

Oh I went for the 3500, http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/61274-q1-3500d1-amplifier-guts/

thanks for the help with my hdc3 & hdc4 questions too, feel like I kinda got repetitive. 

Lack of QC.. no thanks.

How do them taramps 8k work with just one 0/1 input?  

It's actually one 2/0.

they work in 1 of 2 ways.

1- maintain power and ground wire within 1-2 ft length max.

2- use our custom tooled inputs we are having made for these amps so you can run up to 3 cables to them from 1/0 to 4/0.

we could go forever all day about the internals in these amps but it's not appropriate doing it in this thread.

dj

My truck is proof on a few of those records :)

I just got rid of a aq2200 a few weeks ago and I beat the living shit out it. it never got hot never failed and still works like new. I would recommend any aq/sq to anyone. I traded for a bc3500 and im pretty nervous I have no idea if it would hold up like my aq did.. and before the 2200 I had 2 different 1200s and both were just as good..

You will be fine with the Crescendo- I love my 3500.  I am about to order either a SQ'd 1200, or a symphony 1500 this week.  I don't think I can go wrong either way.(But really wanting to try out some SoundQubed gear.)

You will be fine with the Crescendo- I love my 3500. I am about to order either a SQ'd 1200, or a symphony 1500 this week. I don't think I can go wrong either way.(But really wanting to try out some SoundQubed gear.)

had both my 1200 on 2 fosgate t1s in a f250 on stock electric. no extra batts. gain all the way up and clipped the shit out of daily. not once did they cut out. overheat. or even get warm. and thats not even counting the tons of hours sitting around it drunk by the fire with friends. without even havin the truck running

You will be fine with the Crescendo- I love my 3500.  I am about to order either a SQ'd 1200, or a symphony 1500 this week.  I don't think I can go wrong either way.(But really wanting to try out some SoundQubed gear.)

I have used the SQ'd1200 to power a ssa Icon and it was just fine on 1 ohm.