Bam bam

Looking for a monster sub

I am looking for a monster sub. either FI audio or Ascendant audio. I know they are in the same family but they make great subs. I am chasing a great sounding sub that can still achieve good numbers on the meter. My choices are the Mayhem or the SP4

What do you think about these subs based on my goals? Please only those that have experience with each.

the mayhem and sp4 are 2 very different drivers.  You'll have to be more specific with power you want to run, type of car, box plans, electrical, exc.

I will be running 3 - 18's in a ported box 6 cubed per sub. I have 15K RMS to feed the subs I have 2 Mechman 270 alts and 1160 amp hours for the setup. I also have 3 runs of 1/0 sky audio cable. 

I knew the subs where different however based on my goals I want to make sure I choose the right sub. Both are superb woofers.

I dont think either of those subs will like 5k daily. If it comes down to both of them though I would just get whichever is cheaper. 

why not 6 15s ? Fi BL would do the job nicely !

i run a sp4 15 and only on a saz1500 it gets down and sounds clean and clear doing it. i've heard mayhems and they also sound very good and get down. but if you want beast sub go with some ssa evils i'd even say go with some sundown zv4's just because of that sexy look and monster surround

I like the evils as well. A guy on my team ran 2 of the 18's and they were nasty!!!. I wanted to step outside the box and run something no one on my team runs so that eliminates Sundown. I like the ZV4's but half of my team runs that sub.

I really like the FI Team subs but cant find any info on them. They look like beast!!!

I like the looks of the IA Judge

I like the looks of the IA Judge

Agreed, and that would be likely be different then your teammates.

What about the psi platform 3?

5k per woofer is a lot for daily.

Edited by Dictator

What about Dc audio? lvl 5 or something crazy.

SP4 doesn't come to mind when I think about "Monster" sub. The team Fi seems beefy but not monster. I'd look into a SHD, TRF motored subs, TC5200/5400 motored subs, Everest sound labs has a stupid 18 out. The IA warden looks pretty massive for a 3" coiled motor.