Lee Carter

Tantric Sounds

I see a few people round here using their Components.  What about there subs?  I got a qoute for there HD and HDD line...

Just wondering what you all thought of them...as a company and performance.  Anyone running their subs?  Ther look like everyone elses(Sundown, Fi, Etc)

I see a few people round here using their Components.  What about there subs?  I got a qoute for there HD and HDD line...

Just wondering what you all thought of them...as a company and performance.  Anyone running their subs?  Ther look like everyone elses(Sundown, Fi, Etc)

shopping for subs by the look is the silliest thing i  see  people do... you can not say a sub  is the same as another because the back plate  or the basket looks the same.

i had no clue they had components .. i have only seen there subs...

they are very proud of them.... as you can see by the price,

they do ok ... i have seen plenty of them fail... i have also seen  some winners....

I agree the going by looks is not fruitful, which is why I came back and asked you guys.lol  Figure some of you competitors had seen them.  

The Sub pricing is very reasonable....I was just curious.  I think I am going to stick to SSA.(just bought another xcon to put back in my Vitara.)

I agree the going by looks is not fruitful, which is why I came back and asked you guys.lol  Figure some of you competitors had seen them.  

The Sub pricing is very reasonable....I was just curious.  I think I am going to stick to SSA.(just bought another xcon to put back in my Vitara.)

reasonable compared to what?

I didn't really wanna put their pricing out there or advertise for them...LOL

But I got a got quote for 18"HD(1500wrms) ~400 +ship and HDD(2500wrms) ~450 +ship.  I work not far from them and could bypass the shipping.   They seem to talk the talk...but I am gullable.LOL  Didn't know if they were shady...

not shady but,  some people do enjoy them.. every one i know tried them and quickly moved on... hints why i never pulled that trigger i had my chance,  but  ill tell you this..

i had one question... how will it perform in a small encloser on low tuning....  and   i was told in person " we dont know we have never tried it,  it may play great it may not"

lol shows me that they never even cared to model the subs .. or send them off to be correctly put thru the ropes ..... another air pump company.

ask Q anything about his line of subwoofers... i bet you anything he can tell you  the facts...   he can model the sub in any situation and tell you how it should react on paper, ... because he did his foot work to make a GOOD PRODUCT....

and some people.. dont even try

ask Q anything about his line of subwoofers... i bet you anything he can tell you  the facts...   he can model the sub in any situation and tell you how it should react on paper, ... because he did his foot work to make a GOOD PRODUCT....

and some people.. dont even try

No one can disagree with this.  Quentin did his research and jumped into the scene prepared without a doubt!

oh my bad i forget .. people hate the fucking truth

oh my bad i forget .. people hate the pucking truth

People just can't understand black and white anymore. They need to hear something in person which is understandable. I was at that point in life at one time. Next year will be a different ball game. When I roll up to the 4 or 5 major shows next year with my 90 foot rig and my little demo vehicle and have the select few team DSS vehicles on hand people will be able to see a $300 sub put in work.

Thanks for the info guys!  As always Quentin come through.

oh my bad i forget .. people hate the fucking truth

People just can't understand black and white anymore. They need to hear something in person which is understandable. I was at that point in life at one time. Next year will be a different ball game. When I roll up to the 4 or 5 major shows next year with my 90 foot rig and my little demo vehicle and have the select few team DSS vehicles on hand people will be able to see a $300 sub put in work.

After VERY little use of the ethos and the experience that I have had so far with you as an owner I can honestly say that when I make the big jump into competing this year DSS will be in one of my cars. I'm going to be building two cars for two different purposes next year, one will have your product, and the other will be an undecided SSA sub....It should be a fun season!

Anyone can design and sell a sub. I personally am not interested in just anyone doing that though. Juvenile naming of the company also hints to me that design was not the mantra of the company. Probably not skarbage, but it surely isn't on the level of a real company either.

I was detered away from TS because speaking with Murphey at SBN was, uncustomer satisfaction. Just because when asked questions, he didn't seem friendly, didn't seem like he wanted to help and had very short and direct/naive responses. After world finals this year, I also learned they were having issues with many drivers failing.

I too would look at DSS if I was in the market as you are. Bare none.

I am already on the DSS bandwagon,  i really love 18's though, the wait is killing me.  I have spoke to Q at length, and his subs are at the top of my list.  I was just curious, as Tantric is another semi-local company.

I heard Murphy has a boner for Scott Atwell and any companies related. I don't know of and guys who went from ssa subs to tantric. Closest thing was Kurt sold the zcons and now runs CT sounds stuff. Not my choice in subs but it works for him I guess.

I heard Murphy has a boner for Scott Atwell and any companies related. I don't know of and guys who went from ssa subs to tantric. Closest thing was Kurt sold the zcons and now runs CT sounds stuff. Not my choice in subs but it works for him I guess.

Timmy with the Toyota Tacoma did but sold the Tantrics already

The most recent IIRC, was TimmyTang with the silver Taco.  His Tantrics couldn't hold anywhere near the abuse of his Zcon's, and got sick of repairing often.  I believe he recently installed Mayhems to correct the issue. 

Gotcha. I don't follow him. He didn't seem like a competitor. More like a demo guy. But I suppose I read this as team guys not just customers. Reading fail.

There was however a massive flood of his product run through Houston. I can only uni k of one guy that still owns any. The new local hard on it ct sounds.

Hopefully we will see some DSS builds pop up around here. I know lots of folks interested in Bigjons build. Sorry, off topic.

Correct, Timmy felt the CS was pretty good on his end, but the product itself was the issue.

I've personally got mixed feelings on the brand. While I hear some people say they didn't quite meet their expectations, I've also heard these called one of the most durable, strong, along with musical woofers on the market. The guys over at Tantric are a real close group, and while they may seem short at times, the HDD breaking records in it's first year of production is  enough to convince me that these guys might just know what they're doing.

I've personally got mixed feelings on the brand. While I hear some people say they didn't quite meet their expectations, I've also heard these called one of the most durable, strong, along with musical woofers on the market. The guys over at Tantric are a real close group, and while they may seem short at times, the HDD breaking records in it's first year of production is  enough to convince me that these guys might just know what they're doing.

No..  With what's on the market now, changing from one sub to another isn't a massive change.

Upgrading electrical, more power, tuning enclosure is many times better than switching sub brands.

Some subs may have better advantage in your application but there is no one sub that is the best in everyone's application\vehicle.