Lee Carter

Tantric Sounds

Well i ordered 2 15" DSS Ethos anyway.LOL  Couldn't refuse the lay a way plan, and with Jons testamonies- I think they will serve me fine.

shizzon.. how many sub brand have you ran in the past two years........

i dont have to have experience on it to know.

I have seen just headunit swaps change people's scores on the meter.

The point someone was about to assume is that sticking with one brand will always net you the best performance and that's not true.

One particular speaker will not be the best in all applications.  Therefore there is no reason to see someone do a 180 with some legacy drivers and think that's what it takes to win.

Pioneer has even been in the 180 class.  It's not the subs, it's the installation.

it just seems like you were on the line of saying all subs are about the same.....

I've personally got mixed feelings on the brand. While I hear some people say they didn't quite meet their expectations, I've also heard these called one of the most durable, strong, along with musical woofers on the market. The guys over at Tantric are a real close group, and while they may seem short at times, the HDD breaking records in it's first year of production is  enough to convince me that these guys might just know what they're doing.

No..  With what's on the market now, changing from one sub to another isn't a massive change.

Upgrading electrical, more power, tuning enclosure is many times better than switching sub brands.

Some subs may have better advantage in your application but there is no one sub that is the best in everyone's application\vehicle.

I don't remember saying there was. Hence, why I said I've heard many different things about the drivers.

First off I would like to thank everyone on this post for all there comments as we are a small company and posts like this help us to see our faults and help us grow into a better company....but I would also like to comment on some of the stuff that was posted ...

I appologize to anyone if they have talked to me directly and I have been short with them in anyway as that's my intention...big jon we spoke at one show last year in texas and I was never asked dirrectly if my subs would work in a small box but was asked if I thought my woofers would work better for him in his existing box...my answer is I have no idea how my woofers will work in someone's box until they are put in there and tried...as every different woofer will work differently in its situation and environment. ...but yes the hdd and shd series will work quite well in small sealed enviroments as with a q of .60 and .63 it only speaks for itself... I have no boner for scott atwell and if any one asks me about him I answer truthfully and if its been taken the wrong way then I appologize for the misunderstanding there as well....I appreciate the people that pay attn to how many woofers we rebuild at the shows but to set the record straight we reconed 33 woofers at finals to try and help the competitors finish their weekend....only one of those woofers reconed at finals was a tantric woofer the rest were from other companies....did we blow some woofers at finals...yes we did....are we perfect...not even close...but we are not afraid to admit it and learn from our mistakes and move forward.....did I sell some woofers to a few guys in houston...yes I did and only one person that I am aware of has gotten rid of them...did timmy tang try our woofers...yes he did and I appreciate the fact that he gained over 2db with them...but he did slinkie a few coils and didn't want to recone them anymore and I can understand that as well but a burnt or slinkied coil I don't feel constitutes weak soft parts..I once again want to thank everyone for their input and take it all to heart and will use it to become a better company as we only strive to take care of our customers the best way we can ....

Great now that you are here, why do you use the basket that Scott owns the patent on, without permission?

Great now that you are here, why do you use the basket that Scott owns the patent on, without permission?

Great question.

Shit. +1 just for coming here and defening your company.

Shit. +1 just for coming here and defening your company.

x 2.  

pretty sure i asked alan because you seemed very busy/ agitated

but i asked the question to a few people that were there with you .

my box is very small thats why i would ask the question mater of factly because its the same question i MUST ask every new company because i have no option  to  go larger.

my box is not sealed.

and you may  have this answer now... but almost a year ago when i asked you did not....

i dont make stuff up my friend.

in no way  am i trying to attack your company im simply stating the experience i had with tantric

I'm not here to argue about a basket...scott bought a patent from a company that went bankrupt....I owned hundreds of those baskets since before he bought the patent....you really should look around at all the companies that use the basket that bought it after he bought the patent instead of me......they are the ones breaking the rules

And I told you then big jon ......I can't tell you if any woofer would work in your box in your situation....I don't take it as an attack but I can't answer that question for you....I knew my woofers then as I know my woofers now as I'm the one who engineers them and builds them....but I've never tried them in a small box in a car like yours.....

Can you please type in sentences and stop using ellipses. Makes you seem like a third grader and surely doesn't help the persona of your company. Damn hard to read.

Damn, I realize this is an SSA forum but I didn't realize there'd be so much hate.

He's a legitimate company owner who does legitimate, honest business; and once he goes through the explanation of everything thrown at him he's still criticized for using ellipses? Seriously?

Not for ellipses, but for typing incoherently. Go read the post.

Well, it says right in the post 'stop using ellipses'. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

You just told him using ellipses makes him look like a 3rd grader then say that? Saying something just to say it...

Well, it says right in the post 'stop using ellipses'. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

You just told him using ellipses makes him look like a 3rd grader then say that? Saying something just to say it...
It is incoherent. Removing the ellipses would surely make it WAY more coherent. You guys full of sand or what? Don't quite understand why a business owner shouldn't be professional. If I were schlepping my product I'd surely try hard to make sure my whole persona exuded professionalism. Obviously the above post is far from that.

Those TC baskets are readily available to anyone that wants to buy them...

Is this another hater thread or is there a point to this all?

Can you please type in sentences and stop using ellipses. Makes you seem like a third grader and surely doesn't help the persona of your company. Damn hard to read.

Thank you sir for your criticism of my typing. Didn't realize it would be a reflection of my persona of my company. My outlook has always been that customer service , and good products built here in the U.S. at affordable prices would be the driving force of my company , but thanks again for pointing out that extra punctuation between sentences would make English hard to read. I will correctly type from now on to aid in your ability to read my posts.

Everything you say, type, how you type, etc will reflect on your company. Get used to it.

Thank you sir , that's what I was explaining in my last post. As far as the degrading remarks from one of the busiest posters you have on this forum , then that reflects bad for this forum. Like I tried to explain before , I don't want to come here and argue and have no issues in corrective criticism , but in the same fairness to be condescending isn't the way to deal with it.