Sign in to follow this  
a77cj7

SSD10 questions

I'm putting together an install in a very space-limited situation. The vehicle is a 2003 Dodge Dakota quad cab, and I'm putting two 10" subwoofers behind the rear seats. I plan to use a prefab sealed box designed for the application. Airspace isn't an issue, but mounting depth and overall depth are in a big way. 

Here's a link to the box:  http://www.audioenhancers.com/vehiclespecific/ddq120.php

After much searching, the FI SSD 10 appears to be the best subwoofer with a chance of fitting. 

I plan to buy and measure the box before ordering the subwoofers, and it is my hope that the SSD 10 will fit with a bit of massaging to the rear wall of the box, or at worst a .25 spacer ring. 

Now for the main question: What is the measurement from the mounting surface of the SSD10 to the farthest out point of the surround/cone? AKA how much clearance do i need between the box and seat/woofer grille?

The subs will be powered by a alpine M12, with 600w RMS each. 

With this power, and the rear of the sub almost touching the wall of the box, will i need the cooling option?

With .60 cu ft per driver (not counting driver displacement) sealed, I will want the High QTS option?

That pretty much sums up my questions and concerns. 

Let me know if I've missed anything.

Thanks,
Chris

Edited by a77cj7

Sign in to follow this