SSA

I am looking for a 4 channel amplifier to power a pair of components so that I can add rear deck speaker or go active at a later time.

The two main amps I am looking at are the SKAR Audio LP-80.4 and RE Audio USX-4250.

Is there any knowledge of if these amps put out what they are rated at in clean power?  Are there better amps for around $175?

Thanks,

hayestc

Edited by hayestc

Get the IA 4 channel from the SSA store. It's a few bucks more but shipping is already included

Hey man. How's NM? I lived there for four years and damn near lost my mind. I lived in Clovis unfortunately but ABQ was nice. Take Q's advice and grab the IA, better move for the money.

Hey man. How's NM? I lived there for four years and damn near lost my mind. I lived in Clovis unfortunately but ABQ was nice. Take Q's advice and grab the IA, better move for the money.

I have been here for a year and a half now.  Moved out after college for a job.

Get the IA 4 channel from the SSA store. It's a few bucks more but shipping is already included

You have tempted me, are the ratings on this resonably accurate at 2-ohm, as the JBL's are 2-ohm speakers?

Yes IA is a no bull shit company. And you will not find better customer service anywhere.

Sweet!

Any ideas on installation kits? 

My car battery is mounted in the trunk from the factory, so I don't need much power wire.  I am also going to hook this directly up to my stock head unit. 

Is it worth it to invest into some high-low converters? Suggestions?

P.S. You guys are awesome, I couldn't get 1/10th this information locally.  The guys in the local car shops, at least the sales people, are morons.  As an EE. I know TONS about signalling, amplifying, and power but nothing about reputable brands.

those two pices will keep you in the trunk.  Hook the adapter to the rear deck speakers.  If you want to adjust the sub just fade the radio to the front or you can do it the hard way and run two rca's to the front and add this:

http://www.amazon.com/PAC-Remote-Amplifier-Level-Controller/dp/B0002J226O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384651273&sr=8-1&keywords=PAC+lc1

No need for the 35 just jet the 15 as the add on the 35 has an adjustable gain which is not needed. The amp already has one.

That is a good looking amp.

Thanks all for your help!  I will be ordering this week.  I am going to create a build log as well, although I should note this is going to be a SLOW build as my wife and I are due to have our first on Nov 26th.  It could be earlier or a little later but my time for car play is running short and to me this is the BEST reason for the time to run short.

Thanks all for your help!  I will be ordering this week.  I am going to create a build log as well, although I should note this is going to be a SLOW build as my wife and I are due to have our first on Nov 26th.  It could be earlier or a little later but my time for car play is running short and to me this is the BEST reason for the time to run short.

Congrats!!  Baby > Audio. :)

Congrats on your purchase, was good talking with you on the phone.  Thanks again for your business, Aaron and I really appreciate the support!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

1. Recent Topics

• 17 comments
        • 393 comments
        • 2 comments
        • 5 comments
        • 6 comments
        • 1 comment
  • Similar Content

• By cloud77
      1. Product: (2) 12" 04-05 RE XXX D2 with PSI recones
      2. Specs:
      -OEM coils
      -2 stiff spiders (slightly stiffer suspension than OEM)
      -8 gauge direct leads
      -HD pulp cone
      -post 06 RE XXX dustcaps
      -Double sewn leads
      -Includes 12" gaskets
      3. Description/Condition:
      Motors are mint. Small chip in one. Not really noticeable. Can take close-ups and coil readings for serious buyers. I have more feedback, just ask.
      Would like to hold onto these forever, but plans have changed.
      4. Price: : 800$ shipped and insured properly via UPS

• By cloud77
      Item(s) for Sale: (2) 12" RE XXX 04-05 XBL^2 woofers D2's
      Item(s) Description/Condition:
      1600 RMS, XBL^2 technology
      -Both subs contain: 04-05 RE XXX motors, black 12 spoke aluminum baskets, OEM coil, PSI built recones - 1 stiff spider, 1 soft, dual sewn leads, 8 gauge direct connect leads, post 06 XXX dust caps
      Sub #1 condition:
      There is a tiny hole in surround from a drill slip. I fixed it up with goop, so you can peel it off and fix to your preference if need be. With gasket on you can barely notice the patch job or see the rip. Motor structure is nearly mint condition. No chips in ferrite, and top plate and bottom plates have minimal scratches. All other aspects are new condition.
      Sub has SHCA OFC 8 gauge direct leads.
      Sub #2 Conditon
      Surround is good condition. There is a small chip in ferrite from when I got the motor shipped to me. (pictured) Other than that the top plate / bottom plate are in good condition. There is a bit of residue from gorilla tape on the surround. Not visible with gasket.
      Sub #2 Has XS power OFC 8 gauge direct connect leads
      OEM coils read out at 2.3-2.4 since day one. Pictured are all of the coils readings, as well as the surrounds, imperfections, and beauty.
      If you have any questions or need any more pictures let me know.
      I really don't want to sell these, but since they are out of my car and thinking of the pain of putting them back in, I am putting them up for sale. Bills are starting to pile up and I have (2) Fi Q motors sitting here that can hold me over. On top of that, my box is a little bit big for the power I am giving these and the Qs would suit me better.
      Awesome subs. I will dance with them again some day..
      I know the pictures are not the best, I still have a Droid 2 ><
      Price:
      700 plus shipping to US 48 only
      PM me for shipping price. Local pickup is available.
      Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:
      Will be shipped and insured via UPS.
      I have other references via FB, ebay, and ****. Please don't be afraid for me to cite them.

• By cloud77
      Well, here are the components to the dream build. Just finished the last one up last night.
      (2) RE XXX 12"
      OEM coil
      1 stiff, 1 soft spiders
      Original full face dust caps
      Amps
      MMATS HD4000.1
      MMATS SQ4100
      Speakers:
      (2) Sets of Infinity Kappa 6.5 components
      Electrical:
      Singer 250A
      3 runs 2/0
      Duralast platinum(front)
      (still needing rear batteries)
      Vehicle: '04 Pontiac Grand prix
      Enclosure talk:
      I have experience with this driver in different sizes, and had always had good results with the enclosures for them.
      Haven't done a multiple woofer set-up for almost a decade, but this is what I was thinking..
      4.5 cu. ft. L port, double baffle, window bracing, 45s
      Going to start with subs back port back, and if I want to I will flip the box around and seal a trunk wall.
      Anyone with experience with these drivers want to chime in? I'm thinking with the power I had I would want to keep air space around 2 cubes each.
      Would also contemplate center port, but would change up bracing a bit.
      Gotta wait for the weather to break to get this built!
      Now for the photo shoot...

• By Rigo Ibarra
      RE Audio MegaTron / US Amps Hybrid VLX-4DE Designed and Built by Dirk Ecker.
  • Recent YouTube Posts