Sign in to follow this  
Omega_Ace

Design help for adding another XCON 12"

I currently have a 12" Xcon d2 with a bc2000 wired in parellel in a 2 cu. ft. net box tuned to 32 hz. with 38.5" of port area and love the sound. It is in a 98 mustang with stock alt, stock replacement battery(under hood), 0 gauge all the way including big 3, and marine deep cycle in trunk. My 2 concerns are running amp at .5 ohm until i can get a second bc2000( not sure how long it will be until i get it) linked at a 2 ohm load. Before i link the two i will upgrade the alt. The second concern is space as i only have 31W x 12.5H x 29D max. I really want to keep ported but if it isn't optimal then it might have to be sealed. So I guess I have 2 questions. Can anyone help me by designing a box for these bad boys tuned to the same frequency or maybe one or two hz. lower with the port between the subs if possible and I will have two bc2000s linked at 2 ohms when all said and done. Second question is how do most ppl feel about running amp at half ohm until i get back up? I can just turn the gain down if I'm worried about it? This is for daily music. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help.

Edited by Omega_Ace

.5 will be fine. Just don't max it out. I can help you design something tomorrow when I get outta work around 4 or 5.

Looking at my measurements I don't think you will have enough room for 2 ported unless aero port.

Are you just looking to get louder with your one 12? I would build a bigger box with more port area for your 1 Xcon now and see how that is instead of buying a lot more stuff. I feel your system has the potential to be louder with a better box design.

I was able to get 4.1 net cu. ft. with a port of 4.5"W x 11"H x 30"L. Port on the side. I think that was at 31hz. I'm probably wrong but i wanted to put forth some effort but my knowledge is limited.

Thanks by the way bassink. I just hope if i go sealed the output will be enough.

Two 12s sealed will be nearly just as loud as one ported due to enclosure gain.

Thanks by the way bassink. I just hope if i go sealed the output will be enough.

Your welcome. The box you came up with will need more port area.

I could do two 12" Ethos in d1 since i already got permission and with that layaway....

Ported yes but I wouldn't recommend sealed over one xcon ported

Since i already trimmed for height on the rear seat opening I could trim for width i could trim each side to accommodate 32.5"W. With that said I figured 32.5W x 12.5H x 29D with a port 5.5W x 11H x 21.75L would leave enough room to still mount the subs and tune it to 31 hz. And have 60.5 sq. In. of port area and have 3.9 cu. ft. net. Getting closer?

Thank you. If i can get two ported xcons that will save some money. If you need a little wider or height let me know and I'll see what i can trim to.

The xcon an ethos will work in the same box. The ethos will just be louder and dig lower as it was specifically designed to do so.

The xcon is 433 shipped. I'm so confident I'll pay to ship your current used xcon to me if you buy two of my ethos 12's for 450 shipped to your door.

AND I WILL EXTEND THE OFFER TO ANY AND ALL CURRENT OR FUTURE FI OR AA CUSTOMERS AS WELL  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ooo that struck a nerve.

air is thin on top of bullshit mountain isn't it?

Strike a nerve maybe.  Bullshit mountain ehh.. don't know about that. I only provide hard provable facts that have been published here on this site for anyone to look at.  Maybe your just pissed that you couldn't make it on your own and had to go back to Fi, I really don't give two shits what your prerogative is.  If you had enough sense to look at the top of the page this is an open section and I actually advised the OP to run the Xcon over two of my drivers sealed which we have already been talking about for over two weeks.

I can't help the fact that unlike other people I actually take the time using several different design companies with klippel machines to test and R @ D product before I bring it to market.  If you and Scott would have taken my money two years ago maybe you wouldn't feel the way you do now.  I honestly don;t know what your deal is.   

Lmao, pissed because I couldn't make it on my own?

Now it's personal. You asked for it.

Go lose a 17 million dollar top fuel funny car deal due to primary sponsors making a bad business investment and then we can talk about not making it on my own.

All the machines and white papers in the world will not help you in the real world, go see where that got Orion and Cerwin Vega smile.png.

Until then, you're still trying to shove your shit down somebody else's throat. On EVERY thread on this forum.

But..I guess you actually don't really do anything, so you have plenty of time to banter amongst the internet? Making smoke and mirror promises in this theory land that the vast majority of the time never works out in the real world application?

You remind me of a vacuum cleaner salesman in the 1950's, quick to hop on somebody's door step to sell them something way cheaper than anybody else while throwing the other guys under the bus, promise them the moon, and the stars, give them the paperwork to prove the moon and the stars that you printed off previously and then disappear off into the sunset to find the next sucker to banter your smoke and mirrors to.

You're annoying, go away.

Lmao, pissed because I couldn't make it on my own?

Now it's personal. You asked for it.

Go lose a 17 million dollar top fuel funny car deal due to primary sponsors making a bad business investment and then we can talk about not making it on my own.

All the machines and white papers in the world will not help you in the real world, go see where that got Orion and Cerwin Vega smile.png.

Until then, you're still trying to shove your shit down somebody else's throat. On EVERY thread on this forum.

But..I guess you actually don't really do anything, so you have plenty of time to banter amongst the internet? Making smoke and mirror promises in this theory land that the vast majority of the time never works out in the real world application?

You remind me of a vacuum cleaner salesman in the 1950's, quick to hop on somebody's door step to sell them something way cheaper than anybody else while throwing the other guys under the bus, promise them the moon, and the stars, give them the paperwork to prove the moon and the stars that you printed off previously and then disappear off into the sunset to find the next sucker to banter your smoke and mirrors to.

You're annoying, go away.

Excuse me Sir,

Do you have the kirby carpet shampooer attachment to clean up all the messy rebounds this mans trying to get??